IGNORED

SpareTire

graham53

There's a thought - what did the 240SX come with for a spare? That should work quite well, I should think.

Hi Arne, I have a 240SX for a daily driver. The spare is a space saver. I will have to check the fitment on a Z. I know the other 4 wheels wont fit a Z. Too much offset, hits the struts. But the space saver might fit.

FWIW,

Chris A.

The can of air or Tire Inflator as Nissan calls it is still available. Though not the original, they work fine and I've bought two them over the years. Part number 999M1-300ZX. I'd rather have a new one than take my chances with a used one on eBay. The drawback to them might be the cost--about $70.
I've seen bottles in the (Walmart store) with tire slime (or something like that) in it and with some kind of inflator mechanism. Do you think that might work on a deflated spare in a pinch? It's much less than the dealer price, and available new, just not what came in the car when it was built.

I keep an electric inflator in the car nonetheless. :surprised

thx

Nope. Remember that by trade I'm a server geek, so the second drive is internal as well, setup as a RAID1 mirrored pair. I've got external Firewire drives for the laptop backups.

Arne,

Seems I have heard this recently. Thanks for having lunch with me yesterday.

The Nissan inflator is not a 'slime' type product. It's simply compressed air and is only desgned to inflate, not repair.
No, it's (the slime & air deal) not slime, but it's supposed to inflate your tire, and it's real cheap. Maybe themight work.

Hopefully, you're keeping the electrics on your car working, so you can trust the electric inflator will work when you need it.

thx

Arne,

Seems I have heard this recently. Thanks for having lunch with me yesterday.

My pleasure, Bryan. Next time is on me.

Back on topic - I'm actually quite interested in hearing whether the 240SX spare will clear the bigger calipers. Since it is narrow, it should clear the struts, and has the right bolt pattern. If it clears larger calipers as well it would be the ideal solution for those of you with big brakes who want/need to carry a spare. Should be affordable at the local pick-n-pull.

What about early 4cyl Honda Accords? The bolt pattern is the same as the Z not sure about putting one on a modified brake system but maybe a stock set up?
Hmm. Re-read post #2 in this thread....

HAHA Sorry no one said I was the smartest guy on the site. So thats good because I own 2 Honda Accords and the one with the spare that will work is not inspected so I will steal from Peter to pay Paul so to speak and finally have a spare.Thanks Arne