IGNORED

240Z claims new Spring 2007 cover of Nissan Sport magazine, more

Nissan Sport ed

• 5 weeks later...

Got the issue yesterday. I agree that Mr. Anderson has some very nice Z's.

But some folks here don't have the resources (read: MONEY) that he apparently has. $23,000 for ONE paint job????????????? Sheeesh!

But again, they were nice cars. We all love our Z's for different reasons, but as long as we all keep them alive that's good enough for me.

On the whole, the entire issue was very enjoyable.

Chris A.

I read mine cover to cover last night-saw 26th get a tag!.

Yes Don has some mighty impressive cars, and the means in time and money to keep them that way! Pretty impressive to allow his phone number to be published out in the open.

I did see some aftermarket headlight covers on a page that said Don used only genuine Nissan parts on his cars...but I was gobbeling up every word, and could easily have misread.

Thanks for a great magazine!

Will

Hey Dave,

I just toured the Randy Jaffe museum outside Atlanta (pun intended). I haven't seen Don's cars, so no offense, but Carl and Ron both have it right in my mind. It has to be the most impressive collection of Z'cars anywhere for low miles, vintage, orginality, quantity and quality etc. I could have stayed there all day, but unfortunately had to catch a plane.

If Randy is interested, I would highly suggest an article would be appropriate. Heck, you could devote a whole magazine and just feature Randy's cars!

Bob

I read mine cover to cover last night-saw 26th get a tag!
Yeah, I saw the mention of Chris, too. There are also two DIY answers by Enrique (EScanlon) as well. And my red car did make it in as the CZCC featured car in the back.

As for the three restored 240Zs featured, I have seen the latest - the white one - in person last year at Canby. And the reality is that the level of the finish of that car simply can not be grasped from pictures.

Mike and Dave - As a totally unbiased observer (now that my car has already been in the mag), I would suggest that a process should be developed to select the featured club member and car well in advance of the deadline so that there might be time for better pictures. While the pictures I had of my car were OK, I think had there been time it might have been beneficial to take a new shot or two, perhaps with advice from the magazine's art people as to what might work best. Just a thought...

Ron,

Unfortunately I didn't. I was on a business trip and didn't take a camera with me. My in-laws live in Atlanta, so next time I'm back in town, I'll see if Randy has time for me to drop by and take some snaps. It was truly unbelievable.

Randy was in my wife's class in high school so it great seeing him again. We talked cars from the moment I got there and were still doing so when I finally closed the door to the car to get out of town. I barely made the plane!

I've got some pictures he sent me, so if you want to see them, pm me an email address and I'll send them to you.

Bob