IGNORED

240Z claims new Spring 2007 cover of Nissan Sport magazine, more

Nissan Sport ed

The new Spring 2007 issue of Nissan Sport goes to press next week. Our lead feature is on Z owner Don Anderson, who owns arguably the most incredible collection of stock 240Zs you've ever seen (including our cover 240Z). I won't ruin story, but I'll give a few hints: toothbrush, undercarriage, 50 hours. And the best pictures ever taken of the 240Z. Period.

Other S30 coverage includes a revisit of the 240Z rebuild program, tech Q&A on the 280Z, MacGyverish tricks to do on your early Z, new much-needed aftermarket parts for the S30, details on the amazing Zs from the Tokyo Auto Salonand (including one stunning 280Z), and more. View the new cover and table of contents now at www.nissansportmag.com.

IMPORTANT: Our subscription rates are going up MARCH 20, since we are adding lots of extra pages (16!), putting us at an even 100. Now is a great time to subscribe, and if you do so by Tuesday, March 20, you'll lock in our low subscription rate and get the new Spring 2007 issue. If you have any questions, write me personally at editor@nissansportmag.com or call circulation at 505-771-2374. Thanks as always for all the support. Enjoy the new issue! Oh, and let me know what you think of the new cover.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

www.nissansportmag.com

The new Spring 2007 issue of Nissan Sport goes to press next week. Our lead feature is on Z owner Don Anderson, who owns arguably the most incredible collection of stock 240Zs you've ever seen (including our cover 240Z). I won't ruin story, but I'll give a few hints: toothbrush, undercarriage, 50 hours.

www.nissansportmag.com

Hi Dave:

Yes - I'd say that is arguable. How many 69 Production Year 240-Z's does he have in the Collection? How many 70-73 240-Z's does he have in the Collection? How many Vintage Z's? If it's not over a dozen #1 and #2 Conditon 240-Z's in total..... it's not even arguable.

Nonetheless - always good to see a DATSUN 240-Z on the Cover.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

I knew I'd get busted by Beck! Ha, I cry uncle. Perhaps a better choice of wording would have been... "arguably the most *pristine* collection of restored stock 240Zs." When you read the article, you'll understand just how pristine these Zs are. He also owns a couple of Z32s in similar condition.

If any owner has cleaner Zs, I'll put you in Summer 2007 issue. Hit me with pics and words on your ride at editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

www.nissansportmag.com

Davey, I love the cover. Excellent job on the camera angle and the blurry background (as if the car is in motion). Is all of that digitized or did you actually take the photo while the car was in motion? In either case, I bet it was a lot of fun (and effort) to make it look that good.

I'm sure I speak for all of the members here, but, THANK YOU for hanging with your "roots" and consistently giving the Classic Z a home in the mag.

m

I agree with Mike and Carl.

Keep the first one in the lineup,

Remeber, the biggest Z fan is not necessarily the one with the most or the best Zs. It is the one who uses the greatest percentage of everything he has toward a Z end-sacrifice proves committment, sheer volume of dollars spent do not!

Will

Perhaps a feature on the current large collectors of Z cars and their collections. I know Randy Jaffey <sp> has quite a Z collection too. I think it would be interesting in hearing from these guys, what they look for and what they have collected.

How about a feature on the guys that do the best restorations, Ztherapy and Classic Datsun come to mind on the west coast. All of us are looking to maintain these cars and some coverage on the people that help us restore our cars would be a good idea too.

Also a feature on the Lane Museum now that they hold Nissan's collection of cars. A lot of us don't have the luxury to get to that part of the country to see the cars there...

Mike, the cover is a mix of 2 photos from the same photographer. The shot was taken while the car was moving slow and then the film speed was dialed up to make it look like its going faster. Because the picture was taken in landscape (horizontal) and not in Portrait (vertical) I had to take a portion of the background from another image that looked like it would blend in with the direction of the motion the car was going. Cover shots always need to be taken in a portrait format and most come to us in landscape form.

You should have seen the first version. The background I used was so abstract that we decided that it was competing with the car too much. The original background had to many browns and golds in it and I felt it would look to much like the second issue cover as far as color was concerned.

Ron, in my trek across the country this May, I will be stopping in Nashville and plan to visit the Lane Museum. We will probably being doing a story on it in the near future.

Will, Don might not be the biggest Z fan (as far as the number of cars owned), but when you see how he keeps them and all the things he's done, he definitly ranks high on the list for being a fanatic.

More on that photo. Actually, Art meant to say that the photographer slowed down the shutter speed, which allowed the wheels to blur despite the slow-moving car. We detail how the photo was taken in the INSIDER newsletter (complete with boom). It took more than 10 takes for Don to drive slow enough and the camera to stay still enough to make the shot.

Oh, and there's a typo in my first post. I wrote 50 hours. I meant 50 DAYS. Unfreakingbelievable.

-Dave

Will, Don might not be the biggest Z fan (as far as the number of cars owned), but when you see how he keeps them and all the things he's done, he definitly ranks high on the list for being a fanatic.

Art,

I don't know beans about Don, but, He evidently has a bunch of masterfully kept Zs, so He ranks high in my book anyway-I ment no disrespect to him at all.

Will