IGNORED

JDM 71 240z on Ebay Nice!

cplus

Hey thefastestz, we have the same birthdays. 907 racing green would have been an appropriate color and only the ZG came in maroon.

As Carl pointed out, this is only an HLS30 with all sorts of parts on it. Personally, if I had gone to all this trouble, I would have shaved the rear marker lights and I would have used a plain Fairlady emblem on hatch instead of "Fairlady Z / 240Z". But to each his own. I DO like the direction the guy took with customiZing his Z - plan a similar approach, as I said - and admire some of the odd parts. The hand throttle / choke knobs are the later style. Did you notice the parking light switches? From the looks of it, this could be a very nice car. Somebody go look at it and give us a full report!

The handle throttle knob is wrong. What he has there is two choke knobs from differing years. The hand throttle knob has three dashs to indicate fuel entering the throat of the carb. The butterfly is also shown. Kats started a thread a while ago that showed the correct pics. Here it is.

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/choke.html

Yeah, not a fan of the mix and match but he has spent a aweful lot of time and money on this car. I want those wheels.

Also a real fairlady was only offered in red, white, and marroon if i remember correctly.

That only applied to the 'HS30-H' Fairlady 240ZG model. All other models ( Fairlady Z, Fairlady Z-L, Fairlady Z432, Fairlady 240Z, Fairlady 240Z-L etc etc ) were available in #907 Grand Prix Green during the appropriate years. The Fairlady Z432-R was only sold to the general public in #918 Grand Prix Orange.

907 racing green would have been an appropriate color and only the ZG came in maroon.

#116 Grand Prix Maroon was available as an extra-cost option on all Japanese market models in 1973. Previous to that it was only available on the ZG.

.......and I would have used a plain Fairlady emblem on hatch instead of "Fairlady Z / 240Z".

I don't understand the hatch emblems on this car either. Either its replicating a 'Fairlady Z' model or its replicating a 'Fairlady 240Z' model. It can't be both. I'd have thought the 'Fairlady 240Z' emblems would be more appropriate to an L24-engined car, surely?

Looks like a really nice car though, and I think the 'Buy It Now' price is very reasonable if the structure is as good as it looks.

Alan T.