lonetreesteve

You guys are killing me!

I don't remember the last time I saw a Z in a wrecking yard or a field,

and I'm talking YEARS! I did see a green '72 on the highway about 5

years ago, though.

Some of those cars you've shown would be considered reasonably

good shape around here!

All Z Best,............................Kathy & Rick

More important than the motor is the condition of the white nylon spool shaft. If the shaft is intact, that's a rare part indeed.

Arne: yes everything is intact and works. It had the rubber gasket as well, but it was split and I seem to have lost it somewhere between taking it off the car and home. It was on the series 2 car and was easy to remove as the rear quarter was cut away. I did not have any tools with me but it was just hanging by the chrome nut.

• 2 months later...
While taking my Mom back to her home after Christmas I spotted a Z in a auto wreckers. I pulled in for a quick look and found two, a series 1 and a series 2. As the family was waiting in the car I did not have much time to look them over. Of course no camera, I even forgot to check the vin number:stupid:. I will be going back in Jan so will check then. It is a shock to find a S30 in a auto yard around here let alone two. I did manage to pick up this for $20 while I was there.

So, I finally make it back to the wreckers. Here are a couple of photos, the yellow one is a late series 1 vin 19081 (started life as a green with brown int) and the orange one is a 72 vin 128042. I was able to get the splash pan off the 72. As well there was a Porsche and a Simca there too.

post-15138-14150810449118_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150810449788_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150810450369_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150810450951_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I saw this 2/72 in a front yard in Napavine WA on the backroads heading home from a drive to OR. No motor, no trans., no title and picked it up for $60.

Some decent parts here for me and I'll part the rest out cheap to help out fellow members in need. Forward payments and the like.

I5 auto wreckers in Chehalis had a 72 that had some really nice pieces on it a while back. I picked it over pretty well as did some others.

I was there recently picking up some Kia Sportage seals and saw a 280zx turbo they had just gotten in. I did not have my camera with me then (2 weeks), but it was in pretty good shape very complete. The folks there are a bit gruff and overpriced on some things, and then really low on others. You just never know.

Always on the look out..........;)

Dave

post-19508-14150811186639_thumb.jpg

post-19508-14150811187347_thumb.jpg

post-19508-14150811187979_thumb.jpg

post-19508-14150811188577_thumb.jpg

I think the best thing about that photoshopped image is that the story just doesn't add up.

Regardless of condition, even if it were beat, the forensics don't add up. Nobody in their right mind would take off only two of the Watanabes. And their is really no reason for it to be on top of a VW bus. I don't know that the VW would hold up that clean.

Unfortunately, Speedway auto and Sidewinder are both gone. The old man with the cool sideburns that ran Speedway got sick last year and eventually died of lung cancer. They were trying to figure out what to do with the cars and things are still in limbo, from what I understand, but it is not open to the public as of right now.

I heared from one of the employees at Sidewinder, about a year and a half ago that the railroad was looking to expand and the city was forcing them out.

There is a really nice Z yard up in Estes Park. My brother and I went to school with the owner's daughter. He sells everything from parts to complete cars.

There is another boneyard up by Speedway called Elliot's Auto that I would always hit up when I went out to Speedway. They are still around and they informed me about Speedway, last summer. I'll miss going through that place if they don't reopen.