IGNORED

240Z racing a Z06 Vette

24OZ

(The guys name is Darius. I knew him. He lived in Pleasent Hill(10 miles from me). He was doing a wheelie on his bike and a semi came into his lane. He broke his neck in five places. This happened last winter. It was a bummer he was a nice guy.)

I love my Z aswell as my bikes so when I saw www.darius240z.com I spent some time looking around. I found NOTHING about him being dead or about a broken neck. Whats the deal? On top of that I cut this from site.

( " Update!

[Thurday, May. 15, 2003] - Posted by Darius

Big Thank's to Matt and Anthony over at Colorzone Designs in Huntington beach for sponsoring me and hooking up the best paintjob I ever had. Colorzone painted all the bikes for the Biker Boys movie, the work they do is second to none!!!! If you want a show quality paint job contact colorzonedesigns.com " )

Man this guy is good if he can update his website from the graveLOL LOLLOLLOLLOL

The last I heard about his "accident", he crashed while doing a wheelie. Got road rash and a few broken bones ( ankle I think ), but lived to tell about it. There are pictures of the accident on his site. You can see him hobbling off of the freeway. INSANE!!! :stupid:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
posted by hmsports

> we all know circle track isn't true racing :D

My thoughts exactly. What talent does it take to go in a circle (besides a tolerance to dizziness)? Anybody can mash a gas pedal to the floor..

Take rally racing. THERE'S a real driver's sport. Those guys are going like mad down country roads, in the snow, on pavement... Add in an occasional passenger car (with non-professional driver) out to get groceries (or whatever,) or even a horse-drawn cart, and you get a 100% difference between circle track and rally racing. You don't know what the next turn is like, you don't get 200 laps practice at perfecting the turn, and you spend a significant amount of time in flight!

You need a strong co-driver too. Man, I get ill looking at a map while driving straight down the turnpike, but these guys look at the notes for a long time without getting nauseous.