IGNORED

Save TopGear the BBC TV Program

NZeder

sometimes its not about being the richest F'er on the block.

Only to those of us that care about a sport. Investors generally do not, they care about the money to be made from the sport-the sport is only important to keep the money flowing-anything other than that is secondary or purely trivial. That is why you never see a football team allowed to get ALL of the best players. Who would want to pay see a team beat all comers with no trouble more than once? If you are 100% certian of the outcome, will you spend the afternoon and the price of admission watching something with as much entertainment value as a working traffic light? Not me.

To motivate an investor, threaten his income stream-anything else is just noise to them.

WIll

Only to those of us that care about a sport. Investors generally do not, they care about the money to be made from the sport-the sport is only important to keep the money flowing-anything other than that is secondary or purely trivial. That is why you never see a football team allowed to get ALL of the best players. Who would want to pay see a team beat all comers with no trouble more than once? If you are 100% certian of the outcome, will you spend the afternoon and the price of admission watching something with as much entertainment value as a working traffic light? Not me.

To motivate an investor, threaten his income stream-anything else is just noise to them.

I'm not arguing with you in theory, but there are plenty of channels that aren't there to "take over the world". In fact most channels now are somewhat specialized. The History Channel isn't trying to sell music videos, Spike TV doesn't do children's shows, etc. If there are enough of us out there that want to watch racing, it would be profitable to show it. If there aren't enough of us interested in watching it, then it wouldn't be profitable. The original Speedvision was started by a racing afficionado, who got backing from investors. I see no reason why it couldn't be done again if ther market is there.

I'm not arguing with you in theory, but there are plenty of channels that aren't there to "take over the world". In fact most channels now are somewhat specialized. The History Channel isn't trying to sell music videos, Spike TV doesn't do children's shows, etc. If there are enough of us out there that want to watch racing, it would be profitable to show it. If there aren't enough of us interested in watching it, then it wouldn't be profitable. The original Speedvision was started by a racing afficionado, who got backing from investors. I see no reason why it couldn't be done again if ther market is there.

I didn't think you were! I agree, maybe the market that was bought and completely changed left room for the original market again...if the non compete clauses aren't so general as to be overly frightening-"stay off TV or I'll sue you to death and/or oblivion..." Maybe another guy with a similar but different idea...

One thing about it, There is always the Internet..the new public access superhighway...

Will