IGNORED

What is the worst part of this club

hls30.com

What is the worst thing about this club experience?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst thing about this club experience?

• Spam posts (ADS for sex, drugs and Rock and Roll-well, iPods)!
    • Thread Hijacking!
    • Membership criteria-too easy to be a member
    • Cross reference of the search engine(Hard to find the right threads sometimes)
    • Improper use of threads-posting 240Z guestions in a 240k forum.
    • Withdrawl when the site occasionally goes down
    • My typing skills-or yours!
    • Having to wait for posted pictures to be approved
    • Typing an answer to a post at the same time someone else is
    • Not having the "Shout" feature.
    • Not having a "Chat" feature.
    • Limitations in uploadable files (size,type, quantity, content in the boobs thread!)
    • Not being able to thump someone in the head across the internet.
    • Not being able to share a cold(or warm) drink across the internet
    • These freakin' polls!

Where is Bill Ramsey any way? Did som Chik bonk him on the hed and carrie him oof to a hous in them hills?

Bill is enrolled at the University of Arkansas this year. I remember what it was like to be a freshman at a new school in a new town far from home.

GO BILL GO!!!

Anyway, what is the worst part of this club? Members with huge amounts of knowledge leaving for one reason or another. Bambi and 2ManyZ's, etc.

Overall, the worst parts are very insignificant IMO.

Chris A.

Bill is enrolled at the University of Arkansas this year. I remember what it was like to be a freshman at a new school in a new town far from home.

GO BILL GO!!! Chris A.

I didn't even know he gragumtated!

Congtrats! Now he is in a better place-a targetrich(oodles of Breats and Thights) environment! Wow-I'll have to PM the bugger!

Will

As a recent member to the forum I have found very little that I didn't like. The amount of experience and knowledge that can be found here is amazing. It has finally kickstarted me into working on my 240z and hopefully by spring will be driving it. I am sure I will be asking many more questions when I start to put the car back together. I agree, it is too bad people live so far apart (not only within the US but Australia, Japan, Poland, etc.).

Carl

The worst thing about this site is that I can't stay away from it and waste countless hours reading posts when I should have spent them working on my car instead. LOL

Seriously though, the search feature sucks big time. I now use google to search the forums when I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for.

Shouldn't this be changed to "Having to wait until Victor FINALLY "Gets around" to approve my posted pictures."?

Any man who will give away a vehicle(even a Pickup) and most of the parts it needs for restoration does not need to be greviously singled out!-or at least any more than the grief I have given you in the past-(calls for pictures on a specific post of yours, ribs about the parts value of imported beer, and suchROFL )

Will

Shouldn't this be changed to "Having to wait until Victor FINALLY "Gets around" to approve my posted pictures."?

I have to agree that seeing something really cool on the front page, then clicking and finding out that the picture hasn't been approved is really annoying. Did you guys previously have issues with pictures that were posted? The policy of approving pictures seems a little overly cautious at best. Why not just let the pictures be posted then delete whatever few offensive ones are uploaded and ban the idiots that misuse the gallery?

Why not just let the pictures be posted then delete whatever few offensive ones are uploaded and ban the idiots that misuse the gallery?

I agree since anyone can post an offensive picture as an attachment to a post without approval. The most offensive thing I've ever seen on this site was actually some one's avatar which also requires no approval.

What I'd really love to see on this site is a community ratings system similar to digg. When someone shows up and spams us with an ad for iPods or claims that they have the best low-mileage 240Z in existence and the rest of us are whiners then people here simply give the post a thumbs down. I then set my filter to ignore posts with negative ratings. I could even automatically ignore all posts from people who have a lot of negative ratings.

ive been a member here for quite sometime, but still consider myself a newb compared to all the veterans here such as Will and Sblake. I have found very few annoyances to this site. As mentioned early i can turn my head to them and it wont bother me. If theres anything i would change it would be the occasional drama that occurs on the site when everyone trash talks eachother. This site has quadrupled my knowledge of Z's and i wouldnt be where i was with my Z if it hadnt existed. And i too agree that the small amount of annoyances are largely cancelled out by the endless lists of pluses

Worst part is not being able to get together and meet everyone.Would be nice if we could all take our vacation at the same time and just happen to be at the same place. I cannot belive the vast cross section of experience and knowledge on this site concerning a 30+ yr old car. I don't have too much experience so I don't post alot . No info better than bad info.But I do read many many posts and find it relaxing after a day of work.I do not like when the conversation gets ugly ,but things happen considering it is the internet .I enjoy Bill's use of english so please no spellcheck.The worst thing is that there are only a few Z people in Ct. I may have to go north and visit the Zman! This site is bascially my owners manual.