IGNORED

Restoration is back on track (with a lot of help)

Mike

I went and took a few more pictures this last week. Engine is just about done and I expect we'll be installing that in a few weeks. Note the headlight buckets are installed and headlights are in. Wiring harness is complete and I simply need to make the main 10ga connection on the inside, patch it up, and re-install the glovebox. Wiring tests are complete and things are looking very good.

Crap, it looks like something broke on the image upload process. Working on that now.

The car is certainly coming along well! Looking forward to seeing another excellent yellow Z :classic: We have to make Arne so jealous that he ends up finishing and keeping his yellow Z :classic:
:P

Doug, you know I still like yellow Zs. But I don't have anyplace to keep two nice Zs indoors, just one. Just a two-car garage, and Deanna wants her car indoors too. And while she's certainly supportive of my hobby, she really doesn't want the yellow car for her main car. So the yellow car will have to find an owner who will care for it, as soon as I finish a few last things on it. I actually have a couple of interested parties, one of which I KNOW is capable of finishing it right. So no fears, it will get finished, and I strongly suspect it will stay yellow. Just won't be finished by me...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my project took a sudden leap in progress over the past few weeks. I should change the title of this thread to "Restoration completed with a LOT of help"...

This car would be nowhere near the stage that it's in without the help of the guys down at the Ztherapy shop. In fact, they probably don't want me to show up at all until it's done. I tend to put a little too much electrical tape on things. :)

Any-hoo, for those of you looking for progress pictures. Here's some eye candy. There are a few images attached to this message, but, I also put a lot more in my gallery.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3396

-- Mike

PS: I also wanted to mention that engine is a little more than I originally thought I'd get. It's a L28, balanced, blueprinted, flat-top pistons, high compression, and a modified cam. While it's not extreme, it is a bit more engine than standard. :rambo:

post-4-14150799559281_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150799559785_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150799560373_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150799560767_thumb.jpg

Mike:

That's an SU intake on your car...what happened to the Mikunis? Are you selling them? Price?

Certainly impressed with how things are coming along...I'm sure you're eager to get in and drive it!

Keep up the good work,

Steve