IGNORED

Rb25det-z

toletero

Hi , I almost finish with my Z , I wanted to post to see the people opinions , It's been 8 project , from the engine , to the engine mount to the drive shaft to the ECU(Megasquirt) is still to going , I hope by the next 2 weeks I'll be driving my car on the street . Opinions and Question will be apreciated so check this photos and let me know what you think...

post-1746-14150794813417_thumb.jpg

post-1746-14150794813656_thumb.jpg

post-1746-14150794813835_thumb.jpg

Looks good! Definitely something unique, especially in America. Make sure you align that rear bumper properly though, and have all the trim put on nicely and properly. I hate seeing beautiful projects ruined by someone too eagre to get it on the road to worry about the final touches.

Also, I'm not sure about the workings of turbos and intercoolers and all that, but is it safe to have what looks like a pretty little radiator right behind a great big intercooler?

I think what alfa is getting at, is that, if you are using the stock 240z radiator, you may have problems keeping that engine cool.

You might wanna hunt around for a RB26 intake manifold so you can reduce the length of tubing between the turbo and the intake side of the engine, which will reduce lag, and also the lenght of hot pipe the nicley cooled air has to travel through before going in the engine.

as far as I know, the RB26DETT intake manifold has a different bolting pattern to the RB25DET.

you can however buy aftermarket forward facing intakes from GReddy (Trust) and other companies. http://www.trust-power.com

some people modify the standard one buy welding shut the factory one where it crosses over the plugs cover and welding a flange to take the throttle body at the front. I however do not recommend this unless you are running close to stock power (ie not lots of mods) as this will cause some cylinders to lean out as the airflow will favour the front cylinders over the others.

Cuong

Well up to now I've spend around 10k , and that's doing the job my sealf , I am a mechanic so I guees it help , It involved a lot of work , I've been doing it for the las 6 month and it's not finish yet , there's little or minus stuff to be done but it's still work to do , so if you have the time and money I think it's worth it . And if you need any help , I'll be happy to guide you ..peace..

I have to say MegaSquirt is the s**t !! , What I like most about the MegaSquirt is the information available in the net. I had a ignition spike and I couldn't find what it was until yestarday I resaearch on MegaSquirt web and links and figure it out , today I drove the car for the first time with my foot all the way to the flor in first and secong gear , WOW it feald good , only at 5 PSI , the car is too light for the amount of HP , so for me it's the best thing (MegaSquirt) for the money . Upgrading turbo or injectors is not my plan right now . My opinion and you guys tell me if Im wrong , but the car weights around 2100 LB , the engine itsealf comes with 250 hp , and remember these engine come underrating from Japan because the regulation in Japan , I already have the turbo upgrade , but I am not going to install it til the car drive perfect . Injector I don't really need it because MegaSquirt it's a bath fire system where you dont need as much fuel , as it is the car runs reach .

I hace a wide band o2 and at 4200 RPM where the torque pick is , the duty cycle it's at 39% . My gold is about 400 HP so the injectors that I have will do the job ..