IGNORED

15" Rewinds

Go240Zags

I'm going to buy a set of 15x7 rewinds sooner or later, dont know if I want silver or gunmetal. I've saw pictures of a Z with the silver 15x7s at zcar.com, still looking for a picture of a Z with some gunmetal 15x7s

Hey all, I received the wheels & tires on Friday, and finally made it out to the car to pop them on and see how they look! :D

They fit on nicely, but the plastic centering rings were so thin, they shattered as soon as torque was put on the wheel. I'll have to have some metal ones made up. The front center caps did not fit on, my hub dust caps will need some learnin' with a hammer. Not sure about the solution that someone posted about putting the caps on first, then the wheel - the caps seem to have a lip that would prevent them from being iinstalled from behind.

I'm VERY happy with the graphite colour, I think it goes with my paint colour far better than the silver would have. Now if I could just lower the car... :rolleyes:

Here's some pics... they are still "pending approval", so not sure when they will be active.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?si=&thumbsonly=0&perpage=12&sort=1&cat=500&ppuser=5805&friendemail=email%40yourfriend.com&password=&thumbcheck=0&page=1

Cheers!!! :D

Damn they look good! I really really want some!

So far I've worked out it's going to cost ~AU$1225 to get them into the country when you factor in customs excise, GST and shipping. That'll end up at over AU$2k by the time I have tires on.....not cheap at all.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm really happy with the look.

Datto, you may want to see if there is a local Australian distributor for these wheels - it seems that they are not quite as limited availability as people first thought. I bought them through a Canadian TireRack wannabe (tiretrends.com). Not only was their service excellent, their price was actually cheaper in CAD than MSA/TechnoToy after currency conversion. By buying them in Canada, shipping was also cheaper and no duty/customs hassles. Overall I'm sure I saved a couple hundred dollars on the wheels alone.

cheers,

Hey all, I received the wheels & tires on Friday, and finally made it out to the car to pop them on and see how they look! :D

Looks really nice! I cannot wait to get mine installed!

What size tire did you end up going with? I havent decided yet for mine.

Datto, you may want to see if there is a local Australian distributor for these wheels - it seems that they are not quite as limited availability as people first thought.

Good point. I'll have a look into it.

Roopz,

I ended up going with 205/55R15.

The reason was twofold: one, the 225/50s seemed like a snug fit and I plan to lower the car this year, so wanted a little more margin for error; and two, the two "reasonably priced" tires in 225/50 were the Kumho 711 (summer, but a real budget summer) and the Falken 512 (all-season).

Going with the 205/55 allowed me to go the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712, which is quite a bit higher performance.

Cheers,

I've been looking at tirerack and calculating the sizes of tires. I like the way your 225/60's look but I cannot stand rubbing. One of my pet peeves I guess. So I am thinking about a 215/60/15. That will be a bit wider than the 195/70/14 and only about a half inch taller. (25.2 vs. 24.75) What do you guys think? Good choice or...

Im afraid the 50 series will be too "low profile" for my car. (Not lowered and probably never will be)

On a side note, I dropped off my 240 bumpers to be chromed today. 2 weeks and I'll have new chrome too! Now if I can just do the conversion in all my spare time...

You might go to a 205/60/15. The 225 to 215 is only 3/16ths" less tire on either side. the 205 is just over 3/8ths" on either side. Just little more clearance and the diameter is 24.6; they should keep the speedo correct since they are very close to the diameter of the factory tires that came on the car.