IGNORED

Sun/targa roof possible?

MickieB

... its the paint job which changes from metallic green to putple and again to bronze, depending on the angle of the light bouncing off the car. So the cars 3 different colours at the one time.

http://members.westnet.com.au/nokternl/Mesmerize/main.html

Have a friend that has a Z32 painted with that cameleon (spelling?) or Flip Flop paint by Dupont. He was pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket because the registration did not list the color of the car. Don't see to many of those paint jobs anymore around here due to that very problem...I guess.

(Sorry to have drifted O T but just wanted to mention that)

Vicky

Stephen

A few years back the actual yellow registration form listed the color of the vehicle. Now when your renewal comes in the mail it has the color listed (which you must change it if your car has been painted). The new cheapo form we Floridians carry in our cars does not have the color but the cops computer lists what color the vehicle should be. (Because your suppose to list any changes on the renewal form).

O T again, sorry :eek:

Vicky

Speaking of Supras, this guy's a mate of a mate.

Its not so much the supra that gets the attention, its the paint job which changes from metallic green to putple and again to bronze, depending on the angle of the light bouncing off the car. So the cars 3 different colours at the one time. And it's not just show, it goes pretty hard to, and is a daily driver.

thats jason right?!

its actually 5 coulours. well its a sweet ride cept that its only running on one turbo at the moment (he's designing a sequentiol (spelling?!) system) and he just had it defected :tapemouth Its an awesome car though, and should be even better when its finished.

Tom.

TVR really pioneered this paint as far as I know, and they now offer three kinds - chameleon (2 colours), reflex (3 colours) and cascade (5 colours). That's from what I remember, it is probably wrong.

Anyway, I think it looks a bit poofy (and definitely ricey) to be honest.

Speaking of Supras, this guy's a mate of a mate.

Its not so much the supra that gets the attention, its the paint job which changes from metallic green to putple and again to bronze, depending on the angle of the light bouncing off the car. So the cars 3 different colours at the one time. And it's not just show, it goes pretty hard to, and is a daily driver.

Did this car originally come for Townsville (or somewhere around here?). There used to be one up here that looked identical to that. It was supposed to have something around 500HP.

Tommo: They normally run sequentially. There's a simple mod that can be made to have them run in parallel. A friend has done this on her TT supra.....said it didn't really make too much of a difference.

yeah datto i know the one. but this is a completely differant system. it runs a small 350hp turbo and a big 600+ hp turbo, rather than one big single turbo.

there was one at the bottom of the hills. an na wide body 7 coulour one. he had a huge 1000HP motor on the way, but just the other day had some fool careen intio the side of him. estimates of damage are HUGE, but its not a write off.

Tom.

yeah it is hard. it was going to be fully sequential, but it got to hard so now they are trying something else that effectively works the same way as a sequential system, just that its not quite the same sort of setup.

should be absolutely fabulous when its finished. if (i should say when) they pull it off they are planning to sell it, because no one else at the moment has anything like it around, andit should be HUGE power and VERRY LITTLE lag.

Tom.

Yeah that Jason's. Speed bumps are the cars nemisis. It cant get over them its so low. The paimt reallly gets peoples attention. Its funny watchin people looking at the car as you drive by them. They cant quite believe it. Go to the video page and have a look at the MC runs if you have cable (about 9 megs) if you want to see the full effect of the paint transitions. (it was quite possibly me that shot that video).

You have to put the colour on the licincing here in Perth too. Its listed as chameleon, but they use 3 letters to describe the colour I think, so its just CHM. Jason has some plans for what they were going to do to the car, but its all very hush hush, so I dont think he would like me talking about it.

I Think Jason got the car from Adelaide (with the paint already done).

Pity the car looks pink or purple most of the time .