IGNORED

Sun/targa roof possible?

MickieB

Hey all,

I've recently fallen in love with the targa roof driving around in my mate's nissan NX, and i was wondering - would it be possible or practical to install one in to my '75 260z 2+2??

Would i maybe be able to use roof panels from a 280zx targa?

Interesting concept.

It may be possible with a LOT of angle grinding, the complete roof would need to be exchanged somehow. I'm not sure if the curviture would match?

The doors may be another problem.

At the end of the day you would probably need an engineers report.

As Datto said, simple answer No, complicated answer is Yes.

My advice, buy a NX.

MOM

A targa top scheme was thought of during the design process of the S30. Here is a poor quality picture of the C2 protoype constructed aroung June of 1966. The C series of prototypes played with the idea of pop-up headlights. The C-1 was a roadster and the C-3 looks remarkably like a 1967 Maserati Ghibli.

post-4148-14150794388695_thumb.jpg

http://zhome.com/ under accessories. They show a no long available aftermarket T-Top that I think looks pretty good. Here's the website and the story:

http://zhome.com/History/240Accessory.htm

If it was available today and didn't cause headroom or structural problems I'd go for it. Much nicer than a sunroof.

I have a T-Bar roof ( not a full roof thing, its kinda the size of a sun roof but with 2 sections. probably better for structural integrity) and i think it is great... BUT, as mUm said they do tend to leak, and you cant "close" them to get the sun off you when you dont want it.

Tom.

Too right Lachlan. However, the more that are butchered, the rarer the unmolested Zeds become and the value goes UP.

Mickie B,

Sunroofs are a definite pain in the bum mate. I know. My car's got one. It's o.k.if you're a midget but for a bloke of average height, there is very little head room.

26th-Z,

You're right about the Ghibli mate. Shorten the rear end and add recessed headlights and Hey Presto, a Zed.

Rick.