IGNORED

How much $$ have you spent on your Z ?

daddz

How much $$ have you invested in your Z(s)?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$ have you invested in your Z(s)?

• Under $1,000
    • $1,000 to $2,000
    • $2,000 to $4,000
    • $4,000 to $8,000
    • $8,000 to $12,000
    • $12,000 to $16,000
    • More than $16,000

Yes, he drove the car and signed my dash, along with my copy of the stainless steel carrot...there should be several pictures of Peter driving my car...A film crew, probably from the Speed channel showed up to film Peter driving the car as well, so i will look for that shot on speed in a few weeks.

here are a few photos you have not seen:

http://www.classicdatsunracing.classicdatsun.com/RC_240Z.html

Well, I dont want to hijack this post...but we are waiting for the "correct" headlight covers. We have had one set molded up, but they dont fit quite right so I have an old set painted to match and taped on for the photos. They would probably fly off while being towed so we remove them until they need to be installed.

As soon as I can get the correct set that fits correctly we will install them in a more perminant fashion.

As for my job...well I own or am partners in 3 companies.

Ron

I haven't added it all up yet but between my last Z that got stolen and my current replacement that I'm still working on I'm just guessing between 2K and 4K may be more may be slightly less. I do most of my own work so it cuts the cost down alot and I didn't figure in labor if I was to pay for it or it'd be way over 4K :paranoid: I've spent many overnighters getting it to the condition it is now...and I'm still not even close! :devious: :stupid:

I especially like the dual exhaust system :). I also like the wheels although i prefer the panasports i understand the concept of the ones on the car last photos i saw sorry forgot the name of those wheels.

What i'm particularly fond of is the headers or extractors and their design. :)

26th, yes the car has come a long way since the convention...it really has changed...it's hard to explain. I corrected a few decals, added the American Lemans wheels, got it running and driving, Lowered the car, put a Racing alignment on it, and presto!!!

There are a few details left, a heat shield for the carbs and correct headlight covers and she will be done. A short list for MSA...

Gav, the headers are a copy of Peter Brocks design in 1970. BRE never sold this header to the public, and quite frankly there are newer designs now that probably work better, but this header is really unique. There is one guy in North America who has the original header and he made a copy for my car. The cost of this header compaired to a header from Jere Stahl is astronomical, but for historical accuracy....

BTW, Gav I have Light Weight Racing Panasports for race wheels, the American Lemans wheels are for show.

anyway,

Thank you all for your nice words it has been a great project and I am looking forward to sharing the car with everyone at MSA.

R