IGNORED

Just bought a factory restored 72 240Z!

gruvyz

Could you please expand on this? Did they change the weight distribution or wheelbase length? Perhaps they repositioned the e-brake lever so it was in the right place for a LHD car?

It just seems an odd thing to me, that's all. To be honest, to me it sounds along the lines of "because they were "re"-assembled/"restored" in the US of A they're better than when Japan initially made the cars." Perhaps that's just me though reading things a little wrong and automatically tacking on the general American arrogance to the statement. By all means though, correct me if I'm wrong, expand and explain. :classic:

I believe that the statement refered to the fact that the cars were "reassembled/restored" in small shops, not on a production line, and that (perhaps) Nissan specified a higher quality control level than they did 30 years ago in a high(er) volume production environment.

I don't believe it had anything to do with national pride/arrogance, etc.

Actually Carl, you were accusing me of being "pompous" yesterday, and all because you just didn't understand what I had written ( seems a change to a new paragraph confused you ). I don't think I can be completely sure that you understand this time either..........

General observation:

The way that you and others are reacting to some criticism speaks volumes about how outsiders ( read: non-Americans ) see America recently. I mean, what was that "Kiwi racism" comment all about? If that was meant ironically, then it went WAY over my head.

But then I'm just an "asshole" aren't I?

I didn't use the "Kiwi-racist" comment, that can be atributed to someone else, ask him.

I indicated that YOUR statement came across as pompous because that is the way it read to myself and some other people. Two separate statements. Perhaps you were not being as clear as you think you were?

I understand todays pompousity perfectly. YOU think that an apology is owed to "somebody" because YOU take offense at the term "factory" having been used to describe the "Vintage Z" program that was created, sponsored, and paid for by Nissan:

I found the inappropriate use of the word "Factory" somewhat insulting to the memory of the people who designed and built the cars originally, but I don't see any chance of an apology in the near future.

FWIW, no one has called you by "that" name, but yourself.

Actually Carl, you were accusing me of being "pompous" yesterday, and all because you just didn't understand what I had written ( seems a change to a new paragraph confused you ). I don't think I can be completely sure that you understand this time either..........

General observation:

The way that you and others are reacting to some criticism speaks volumes about how outsiders ( read: non-Americans ) see America recently. I mean, what was that "Kiwi racism" comment all about? If that was meant ironically, then it went WAY over my head.

But then I'm just an "asshole" aren't I?

The Kiwi comment did go over your head. If you don't get it then you never will. To generalize all Americans as arrogant is wrong. You know it, we all know it. You make me laugh with your little comments about arrogance. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Did you get that?

Pompously yours,

Chris

I indicated that YOUR statement came across as pompous because that is the way it read to myself and some other people. Two separate statements.

No, actually just two separate paragraphs on the same subject. The confusion was yours.

Who are these "some other people" then? Do I need to guess who they are and ask them about it myself?

I notice that you are taking quotes from me and adding your own emphasis to them with that "I" insertion. That's just what you did yesterday - taking quotes from me and using them out of context against me.

Once again, I invite you to go back to my post and read it UNTIL you understand it properly. The whole post was in reply to the rhetorical question posed to me. You obviously made the mistake of reading between the lines and hanging your own feelings about me on my own words. Mistake. You should have been looking at the next post from me instead.

Maybe you'd like to invite me to PM's again so that you can tell me more politely to do what you want me to do.

Was I being a "Arrogant American" :smoke: Sure didn't mean to be, sorry if you took it that way. Hey wasn't that a movie "The Arrogant American", no it was the "The Ugly American". I hope I'm neither :P

Vicky

Maybe you're getting slightly mixed up. I think you might be thinking of "The Quiet American" which was a novel by Graham Greene ( an English author ).

It was a work of fiction, of course. :cheeky: