IGNORED

Just bought a factory restored 72 240Z!

gruvyz

I just bought a factory restored 72 240Z. It is red and black int. Does anyone know any interresting info on these factory restored cars? Post any thoughts or info on what I believe is about 40 of these cars which were built. I will post some pics in a few weeks. undefined LOL :laugh: :laugh:

i saw a factorty zed on sunday at a zed fest near toronto. the guy bought it at an auction in arizona. ( didn't tell what he paid) it was a 70 all original except paint. the engine bay paint was original.had 16,000 miles when restored and now has 29,000. it was by far the best 240 there.the only thing that didn't look right was the backtail panel.it was flat black ,but shouldn't it be kinda grey black.i've seen discussions on her about how to get the correct color. you'd think the factory restored ones would have the correct color wouldn't you?

I wonder if it was really a "Factory Restored" Z. I cannot imagine that the Engine Compartment paint would have been left "original" on one of these, since the stripped the chassis down completely. Same with the Tail light Fininsher panel. Did it have the "Nissan Factory Restored" badges that indicate it was part of the program?

The "Vintage Z" badge is on the center console below the shifter. There are also Vintage stickers on each quarter glass. There is also a "Made in Japan" sticker on the passenger side quarter glass. It says "Do not remove sticker. Sticker may only be removed by vehicle owner". That's pretty funny I think.

Vicky