IGNORED

1965 Silvia for sale in the UK

v12horse

It's interesting this this thread poped up when it did. I'd seen a silvia advertised for sale where I live, before this thread started, and searched the internet and found the one for sale in victoria.

I worked out that getting the one from victoria wouldnt be worthwhile. By the time i got it transported, and done the restoration on it, it would cost more than buying the one that was for sale locally. And i already have a restoration project, my 240z. So I went and looked at the silvia. It's a little modified (flared guards, mags, blacked out chrome), but I couldn'd resist owning such a rare classic nissan, so I bought it, and will be picking it up this sunday.

My new toy:

post-1278-14150793929299_thumb.jpg

hi

the seller in sweden is friend of mine, if you se my pic of the red 240z titled jan krakevik ride on the galleries, the same man designed and made that front and rear bumber.

He had some plans for the car, lets say its MAYBE better you Symon takes over the car;)))

jan

post-3174-14150793929879_thumb.jpg

Hi,

This is my first posting and I am the seller of the Silvia. I had some wild ideas but this time I felt a bit guilty cutting up and modifying this one. I got a phone call from Mr Goertz about 3-1/2 years ago as it had come to his knowledge that I had a Silvia. He was joking about everything as usual and told me to hurry up with the restoration as "I'm old and I might die any day now, so fix up the car and show it to me ASAP".

As for the price for this car. I am selling it at what I paid for the car plus freight and registration. I paid more for the shipping from Australia than I paid for the car there.

I would ask you mates in Australia to please help Symon sort this one out. He need a few parts for the car to complete it. For my own plans I have made fibreglass molds of almost everything on the body and maybe I might build a replica as a convertible using BMW M3 (3.0, 286 hp) engine and drivetrain, with my own backbone chassis instead of the FairLady Roadster frame used on the original. As Jan wrote in his reply I am a bit weird (but so is he as he bought my 240Z a few years ago). I hope Symon can pick up the car before August. I need that garage for one more BMW and the money for some Ferrari parts ;-)

///Thomas

• 2 months later...

Hi V12 Horse,

Maybe my wife doesn´t really understand what a Silvia is, it´s most likely that she sees it as another moneypit that will keep her husband in the garage for the next couple of years !!!

Hope to get the Silvia into the body shop in September to have the car painted. I´ve already scrapped off all the paint & body filler from the outer bosdy panels. All I´ve got do know is do the same underneath, knock out all the dents & lead load.

Since the Silvia was hand formed by panel beaters, I'm willing to bet there was alot of filler!

Are you doubting the skill of Nissan workmanship? Maybe if it was an American, or Australian hand formed car.

May aswell update everyone on my progress too.

Last weekend I fixed the rear brakes, weekend before I replaced the front calipers. It should stop now. This weekend I'll get it out on the road and see how she goes.