IGNORED

1965 Silvia for sale in the UK

v12horse

I was browsing through this month's "Classic Car and Thoroughbred" magazine and there was a small add for a 1965 Nissan Silvia for sale. It was being offered at 5000UK and the article stated that it was the only one of its kind in the UK. I wish I had pictures, but it did look in need of a restoration. I just thought this might be interesting.

Ben

Les Cannaday of Classic Datsun Motorsports has a 66 Sylvia that he is in to process of restoring. It's the only Sylvia I've actually seen in person. Here's a picture I took at last years Mossy Nissan show.

post-3797-14150793908711_thumb.jpg

sblake01;

Just to clarify... Silvia, not Sylvia. :classic:

It's a little annoyance of mine, I spent some time searching for an S13 for sale before I found my 240K and some were listed under "Sylvia" and thusly I missed them in my searches for "Silvia"

v12horse;

A '65 Silvia CSP311, a very beautiful car, definately seems almost a bargain at 5000GBP (granted that's $15000NZD -- still though :classic: ) I'd have a CSP311 over most Fairlady's and Skyline's I absolutely adore them. :love:

theres one for sale in melbourne, for 4k that is rusted and need full restoration, its the 2nd ive seen in 5 years for sale, so if you'd want it you should grab it no matter the price...

it was on ebay.com.au, it was also in the melbourne tradingpost....

Originally posted by kyteler

sblake01; Just to clarify... Silvia, not Sylvia

Well, I've seen in both ways. Even in publications. I'm sure you're correct as my knowledge of those cars is; at best, limited. However, after doing some quick reaearch, I will change that 'y 'to an 'i' on every reference to them on my computer.:classic:

Originally posted by Zpeed

theres one for sale in melbourne, for 4k that is rusted and need full restoration, its the 2nd ive seen in 5 years for sale, so if you'd want it you should grab it no matter the price...

it was on ebay.com.au, it was also in the melbourne tradingpost....

Yeah I saw that. It looks like it needs a lot of work. Definatly not worth the $4000 it was listed at. It's been on ebay since december last year, sitting in a shed rusting away. Poor car. Some people dont deserve cars. :finger:

Originally posted by v12horse

I was browsing through this month's "Classic Car and Thoroughbred" magazine and there was a small add for a 1965 Nissan Silvia for sale. It was being offered at 5000UK and the article stated that it was the only one of its kind in the UK. I wish I had pictures, but it did look in need of a restoration. I just thought this might be interesting.

Ben

It says one in europe and the car is located in sweden

I wonder if its Silvia #70319, that was exported from Australia to sweden.

Silvia #70319:

http://w1.590.telia.com/~u59003583/

Heres a link to their website which has a pdf version of the cars for sale:

http://www.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk/nav?page=classiccars.carsforsale

Direct link to the pdf:

http://images.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk/classiccars/classifieds/may.pdf

The silvia is on page 6 under nissan. Looks like it could be the same car.

Check out the 66 Datsun Deluxe 6 2000 on page 3.

Ok its time to own up. I´ve already sent a down payment for the Silvia. I couldn´t resist owning such a rarity. Here in Europe I´ll NEVER park next to another one !

I´ll keep you posted on the restoration.

Symon, I hope you're a small man, as the CSP311 was not made for men my size! I was always sure I'd never fit in the driver's seat and got to confirm that fact with Les's car.

All the panels on those 500 cars were hand formed, so panels from one car wont fit on another. I think they are a beauty and always lusted after one.

Corvair? I always thought it's more like an Opel. Especially, they way the hood extends forward.