IGNORED

Stupid Question of the Week

st0878

Ok now that the issue of stupid questions has come up along with LHD vs RHD discussions. I need to ask a stupid question too!!

I am from texas and have a LHD Z. When i sit in the passenger seat is seems the shifter feel more natrual.

Now on to my question.

How are the gears configured on the RHD models?

A)

5--3--1

--- N --

R--4--2

OR ....like the LHDs...

B)

1--3--5

--- N---

2--4--R

If the ansewer is A then that is what i would prefer.

My guess would be 'B' simply because of the changes that would have to be made to flip the shift pattern. I've never heard of an RHD trans or a LHD trans. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure those of you 'across the pond' can clear this up.

on rhd cars the gearbox is the b example

Now what i really want is sequntial (yeah i know its spelt wrong but you know what i mean)or better still an affordable paddle style change gearbox with paddles on the steering wheel

Mick

There's a few sequential transmissions on the market that will work on a Z, if you've got the big bucks.....:cross-eye

Quaiffe, Houseman and I think Taylor offer them, for about 5K and up....

Paddle shifts I think are pretty much a fantasy as far as retrofitting on an older car, unless you've got a ton of money to invest.:disappoin