IGNORED

What model Z do or did you own?

Mike

What model Z do you OR did you own?  

522 members have voted

1. 1. What model Z do you OR did you own?

• 240z
    • 260z
    • 280z
    • 280zx
    • 300zx
    • 350z
    • Someday I'll have one

Bought my first car, a 260, in 1986. My second was a '72 in 1991, a real rust bucket but it was fast! Took the engine and suspension out of it and put it in the '73 I have now that had a rust free body, but needed everything else. Can't imagine not having one, preferably in running condition!

• 1 year later...

I have a 2003 350Z PPW Track version and we are currently redoing a '78 280Z 5 speed. I always wanted a 240Z-280Z since HS. Most of the mechanical work is done. Painting is the last big thing to be done. Going to paint it the original Wine Red Metallic.
Update. I sold the 03 Track for a 07 Nismo 350Z. Still own the 78 280Z & 71 240Z.

2 x 1972 240Z's (currently only have 1, sold the first one ages ago)

1 x 1975 260Z 2+2 (parts Z)

Thats it as far as Z go.

I have a '65 Silvia. and a 82 honda accord 2 door.

have owned:

77 liftback celica RA28 (the mustang style one).

Mazda 808 Coupe and sedan.

3 x Commodores

XY Falcon wagon

Laser TX-3 4WD TURBO DOHC

I think thats all.

wow, old thread. Time for an update.

Still have the 72' 240Z and the Silvia. Also have another 240z, 2 x 240K's, a Z31 300ZX turbo and the Honda was replaced with a Skyline R31 Coupe.

• 4 weeks later...

We've has this 1971 240Z since my Bro purchased it new. It's been in Northern California (Bay Area) all its life! Kept it up for decades for his son, but things changed and we're now selling it.

It's been such an adventure, when driving it, or a passenger, you feel like you're in a rocket ship. Heads turn, eyes linger, no one has ever smoked inside so it still smells new, despite it's 36+ years of age. It's still the original green, though tough up done over the years thanks to someone stealing it and taking it for a joy ride the first few months of ownership. Not sweet, but nonetheless, our adventure.

'71 240Zs will remain our favorites even when we've sold it. Although checking out the beauties here is breathtaking. True artistry at work on these classic gems.

":0) Had assessments done at the Shop, and happy with the results so far. I'm a novice, can you tell?

http://www.asta.bizhosting.com/KickingTires.htm

Just curious, Arne, when you said "I've had a total of three '71 240Zs. One nice, one project, one crushed" which saddened me, why crush? Couldn't you have sold it for parts somewhere like eBay or the like?

Kinda new here, so if I'm in the wrong spot, apologies. ":0))