IGNORED

What defines a 240Z a classic?

hls30.com

Ok. now we are getting somewhere, it is hard to figure out what it is about something or someone that captivates me because it is a bunch of things. I love what my 240 looks like in sunshine, fog, streetlamp glow, and memory. She is a beautiful work of art and I am entrusted with her care. I feel that she has a personality, every other female in my life she has been jealous of-even my cat. But once she realized she wasn't being replaced her idle evened out, the wipers started working, she quit skipping at speed, and everything worked out. I am getting ready to treat her to a full body massage, and a makeover-I wonder if I could get a talkshow host involved!

• 6 months later...

Ok, lets see if we can get this thread rolling again!

There once was a Z from Nantucket,

The owner drained her oil in a bucket,

He said with a grin,

getting from under her again,

If my Z had a__________________

I would __________________________ it!

Maybe that isn't what you had in mind TomoHawk, but I just had a wild hair (one of the few i have left!!)

Seriously, all of you, what makes you appreciate spending time, money, and energy on your Z, and not somewhere else?

Will

PS, I used my avitar for the first picture!

Hey Will Hows the Z coming?

To me. My car is a classic becouse it is mine. It makes me feel great when i look at it.

I spend money on it becouse one day i will get the chance to drive it, and to know the feeling of it.

Its a classic to me becouse i know she will always be mine,atleast while im still alive to enjoy her.

Now this might not define a classic to most but it does to me.

A true sports car is one that you can go out on the weekends and race hard,then give her a bath and take ur girl to the movies, or go to the store for your mom.

A sports car is a car to have fun in.

To me that makes it a classic.

Ok this sounded corny but what the heck.

I must confess that I'm a convertible kind of guy. So far, a '91 Cadillac Allante and a '75 Caprice Classic convertible have provided the high I seek, to me it's the best way to roll down the road, only the windshield between me and the world...but, to be honest, the Z car would have to be my first, and true love.

When I was 5 my mom sold her old '62 4-door Chevy II with Fred Flinstone floors and bought a Datsun B-210 that we affectionately called Goldie. But what I remember from the trip to the Datsun dealer was the sporty 2 seater that, to my 5 year old eyes, looked kind of like a Corvette. At 5, I had a keen appreciation for automobiles that was fostered by my growing collection of Hot Wheels...

So, 30 years later, when my buddy told me a co-worker's husband had a 240Z for sale I had to go look. Fair interior, rusty rear wheel arches, dents on both doors and the roof (from someone's posterior), faded lipstick red paint over the original orange with overspray on many of the non-painted parts (poor masking!) and it hadn't been driven for 7 years.

So, why did I buy it? I guess I was looking through those 5 year old eyes again, and it wasn't the flaws that I saw. Rather, it was how I knew the car would look with a little love and attention. Since then I've spent a few dollars on freshening up my 240Z, to me it's part of the relationship we have developed. I buy the parts, do the work, and the Z gives me the pleasure of slipping behind the wheel, turning the key...the sound of the engine turning over and starting up with a smooth idle...backing out of the garage and rolling down the road, it doesn't matter where I'm headed, I'm driving my Z!

Kenny P.

post-6323-14150794145874_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150794146174_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150794146363_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150794146629_thumb.jpg

What Carl said! I had a perfectly good '73, and chose to pass it along to someone who would treasure it so that I could rescue the '72 that I am just getting started on. One less sacrifice to the rust God, one more beautiful car for the world!

I have similar taste to Kennys. I did a 280ZX t-top to keep the "convertable" in the right lineage, and to have a little more longevity to the top.

Will

With the experience you have at this point - you should start on another one. There are still a few out there waiting to be saved;)

regards,

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater,FL USA

http://ZHome.com

Oh yes. I am now collecting parts for the car I am restoring now and for the one I have that I will restore in years to come.

Q: What is better than a z. A : 2 z's ;)

Andrew

The song says" too much passion is never enough" Z = passion! Get more Zs, that way if something ever happens to one you have no risk of "withdrawl"

we had a good thread on the effects of going Z-less a while back, and annother on the effects of being infected with Z-itus. The subject of this thread is really the cause of Z-itus, but hey, sounds like you already have it!

Me too!

Will

Hagerty Classic Insurance actually classifies my 1972 240Z has an "Antique". I'd be interested to see if anyone else who has a specialty insurance company covering their Z how they've classified it.

Vicky