IGNORED

75 280z steering rack movment

Dave WM

they are on the way!

One thing that is not obvious from the video is the car is on the ground, so there is load from the tires touching the ground. I assume some movement will take place, just not sure how much is too much.

Edited by Dave WM

26 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

they are on the way!

One thing that is not obvious from the video is the car is on the ground, so there is load from the tires touching the ground. I assume some movement will take place, just not sure how much is too much.

I've never really checked the rack with the car on the ground but it sure looks like way too much movement to me. Maybe someone installed 240Z bushings on your 280Z rack?

Chuck

it does not appear to have been wrenched on very much, could have 42 yr old rubber in there. So far every part I have looked at seems to be OE.

I will make sure I get a video of the after to have something to compare to.

Edited by Dave WM

not going to bother with posting up new video, suffice it to say its the same with the new bushing as the old, which is not surprising given the old was not that bad.

Perhaps the PU bushings have less give in them, but at least now you know what to expect with OE Nissan rubber.