IGNORED

Paltech carb rebuild

jeanp

Both,

Paltech seem to do a better polishing job but i have no clue about how there

carb perform. They advertissed as they bench test the carb witch is a good

thing has of balancing.  I know that the outside polish will not stay because i will not

put the hours to polish them myself.  I looked at Z therapy also and review are there but

not all are Yeah these are the best ever.  I can`t find review`s on paltech. that is why i ask here.

Note that i already contact (left a message to Z therapy).

PS i do my homework before now. I bought a refurbed engine from datsun parts llc witch was a

not realy a good buy. had to have it redone cost me twice what should have been.

Edited by jeanp

I sent him a pair of 4 screw carbs that needed rebuilt in May of 2010.  A member on this site had said he did good work.  It took a couple of weeks to get them back.  I was very impressed with the polishing.  He uses a 'micro polish', which I know nothing about, but they are sure nice, not quite a 'mirror' finish but close.  After installing them a small amount of fine tuning was required.  I have hot had to touch them since, with 9k miles on them so far.  I would recommend him to anyone that needs carb repair or polishing.  He also did some cad plating on some of the related parts.  I hope this helps your decision.

Bonzi Lon

Thank you Bonzi Lon and Grannyknot. For reply`s I did find some reviews in the MG world he is well knowed.

here is a link

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,1870887

And I also found a SU guy with this link that seem to know what he is doing in NY

dont know if hw would work on Datsun carb`s.

http://joecurto.com/meet-joe-curto

I will post pictures.

Edited by jeanp
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

So here are some photo's for grannyknot and others  i dont think i

have to identify the before and after.

Note Paltech did not took very long to do the job

I am the slowman here i am putting these in know but they were sitting here

for 3 1/2 month. I am a skier and this winter was a good skier winter.

I did Wrap my header while i was there because i cooked the front

hose that connect to the carb for heating purpose when in cold weather

last year.

Looking at these photo's think i need a new radiator !

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

Edited by jeanp
  • Like 1

I have used Jeff at Paltech several times on 4 screw and 3 screw carbs and have found his work to be extremely good---for some maybe a little too good--as the micropolishing process he uses brightens the carbs beyond the original factory finish. As @Captain Obvious commented to me upon seeing photos of Jeff's work "that is a self correcting problem"--- meaning after several years and several thousand miles it is likely the gleam will be reduced.

Enjoy them while they shine---which could be a very long time if you oil the exterior occasionally with some Gibbs Brand using a clean cloth dampened with the oil. So treated they will not tarnish, or attract dust and dirt, or stains.  :D

I have used Paltech and ZTherapy for carburetion restoration and am glad both are in business. Both do exceptional work.

The biggest difference in my experience has been that Jeff will do emission device plating and water tube plating----something ZTherapy does not advertise.

Oh-- but wait--ZTherapy will not do "boat anchors". They will tell you to "drop anchors" and install 3 or 4 screw carbs.

Jeff at Paltech does restore flat tops---he's the only source that I know of that will take them on.

So www.ZTherapy.com  or www.Paltech1.com ---either one is a great choice in my book.

4 hours ago, Zup said:

I have used Jeff at Paltech several times on 4 screw and 3 screw carbs and have found his work to be extremely good---for some maybe a little too good--as the micropolishing process he uses brightens the carbs beyond the original factory finish. As @Captain Obvious commented to me upon seeing photos of Jeff's work "that is a self correcting problem"--- meaning after several years and several thousand miles it is likely the gleam will be reduced.

Enjoy them while they shine---which could be a very long time if you oil the exterior occasionally with some Gibbs Brand using a clean cloth dampened with the oil. So treated they will not tarnish, or attract dust and dirt, or stains.  :D

I have used Paltech and ZTherapy for carburetion restoration and am glad both are in business. Both do exceptional work.

The biggest difference in my experience has been that Jeff will do emission device plating and water tube plating----something ZTherapy does not advertise.

Oh-- but wait--ZTherapy will not do "boat anchors". They will tell you to "drop anchors" and install 3 or 4 screw carbs.

Jeff at Paltech does restore flat tops---he's the only source that I know of that will take them on.

So www.ZTherapy.com  or www.Paltech1.com ---either one is a great choice in my book.

But correct me if I am wrong but isn't Ztherapy carbs also polished way beyond factory finish too?  My recollection is they never had a shine. Polished carbs look fantastic but if they don't look factory.  Has anyone ever seen the results of sending carbs to either of these companies but request that they return them to factory finish without polish?