IGNORED

Spirit Garage vs Fujitsubo?

JeffB240z

I wanted to see if anyone could provide me with some insight into the twin pipe system offered by Spirit Garage. I did some searching and cant find a good review of the Spirit Garage system (quality, sound, fitment). I am between that and the Fujitsubo system, which I have seen a few Youtube clips of. I guess I'm not totally sold on the sound of the Fujitsubo system, but could be swayed. I like that screamy loud, race prep'd sound, but also want to the true dual system.

I had some trouble figuring out how to source the Spirit Garage system but after a few email exchanges with RHDJapan.com, they agreed to stock it. I was a little surprised by the price that RHD listed it at, compared to the price that it's listed for on the Spirit Garage website ($657 vs $804, converted from Yen), but I guess that's to be expected. Spirit Garage does offer a full stainless system but I'm trying to be a little cost conscious here.

The Fujitsubo system is full stainless and less expensive, while the Spirit system I am looking at is only half stainless. That said is it dumb to even consider the Spirit system?

Listing on Spirit Garage Website $657:

http://www.spiritgarage.com/product/21

Listing on RHDJapan $804:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/spirit-garage-50mm-exhaust-muffler-s30z-s31z.html

Fujitsubo Sale Price on RHDJapan $737:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-legalis-r-exhaust-muffler-s30-gs30-hs30-hs30h.html

1 hour ago, JeffB240z said:

I wanted to see if anyone could provide me with some insight into the twin pipe system offered by Spirit Garage. I did some searching and cant find a good review of the Spirit Garage system (quality, sound, fitment).

About 10 years ago I bought a Spirit Garage stainless system and fitted it to my 240ZG. The exhaust manifold was a period Nissan 'Sports Option' item, and the Spirit Garage twin pipe system mated up with it perfectly well and fitted very nicely. Good quality, good fit, nice sound and good longevity. Only thing I did was paint it black as it was possibly a little too blingy for my taste.

Recommended.

c4igoE.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/5/2016 at 2:01 PM, HS30-H said:

About 10 years ago I bought a Spirit Garage stainless system and fitted it to my 240ZG. The exhaust manifold was a period Nissan 'Sports Option' item, and the Spirit Garage twin pipe system mated up with it perfectly well and fitted very nicely. Good quality, good fit, nice sound and good longevity. Only thing I did was paint it black as it was possibly a little too blingy for my taste.

Recommended.

Thanks you for the insight. When you say nice sound, was it loud? I'm trying to get a baseline on how it would be compared to the Fujitsubo.

Are your aware of the Zstory exhaust?  Just throwing another option out there for you...  very similar style back box, albeit not a dual pipe system.  2.5" pipe, all stainless, and around $700 USD.

Search for "zstory" on Facebook for more info.

FB_IMG_1475803408234.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/6/2016 at 8:30 PM, RyanT67 said:

Are your aware of the Zstory exhaust?  Just throwing another option out there for you...  very similar style back box, albeit not a dual pipe system.  2.5" pipe, all stainless, and around $700 USD.

Search for "zstory" on Facebook for more info.

Ryan you make a good point, I have forgotten about this option. Anyone know the best way to order one of these? I am not seeing an order section on facebook, and the product isnt listed on their website. 

Does anyone have any comparison experience between the Spirit Garage, Fujitsubo, and Zstory systems?

• 3 months later...
Hi Jeff. If you haven't already decided, I just loaded some videos of mine here : 

Hi Sean, I ended up ordering a jdm muffler from you! Had it put on 2 months ago and love it. I'm running a 2.5" pipe to it, no additional mufflers or resonators and it's loud as sh@#*t but amazing sounding. Most comparable to a pack of 12 grizzly bears and 13 lions sent up from the depths of hell. IMG_20161129_180347.thumb.jpg.8d9118898e
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I bought the first Jdm muffler Sean sold so it's been on my car for some time now.

Its louder then it was with the muffler I had on before (msa exhaust package), But not to loud on the lower rpms but when you open the throttle it has a very racecar like sound and then it's loud.

I have no drone issues at all cruising or on the highway. At 120km/h I think my rpms are at around 3000.