Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
BEHOLD! The NEW Datsun.
That's how cheap it is; the steering wheel was installed on the wrong side
-
BEHOLD! The NEW Datsun.
When dd Yundai start making Datsuns? It looks like a Yundai.
-
2.4 ecu in 77 280z
It would help to know what you mean by "matching the AFM to the ECU."
-
240Z Design Development Process - Exterior
It's the same one from another topic, so the Admins may delete the other one.
-
Who Designed the 280Z?
The subject of who designed the 240Z is pretty well defined, by I was wondering if there is anyone in particular that designed the 280Z. It's probably a group of guys that just improved or developed the earlier one, but I'm sort of particular about my preferred model of S30. thxZ
-
240Z Design Development Process - Exterior
I found this interesting video that shows some of the many designs that preceded the 240Z <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ue0f0pCptVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Are there similar videos for the design of the chassis and engine?
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
Do you know whem the next new GearZ show will appear?
-
Racing Decals from the 70s
Momo??? Yeeesh...
-
Racing Decals from the 70s
Your engine must run on icewater, because they should fall off or turn brown from the heat under there.
-
240Z Design Development Process - Exterior
I found this interesting video that shows someof the many designs that preceeded the 240Z <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ue0f0pCptVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Are there similar videos for the design of the chassis and engine?
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
A later 280, with these big Goofy bumpers...." "Everything you need to put a really nasty small-block Ford in your early Z car." He did mention that "Bad Dog Parts have these frame rail supports" He did mention how the fiberglass body bolts the front section to the car, and the rear section is bonded, but nothing about how to do it or anything else related to the GTO buildup.
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
I watched (listened to) the show today, and there was no mention of the GTO project. All they talked about was how to put double turbos on a V-8 and some other unrelated stuff.
-
Racing Decals from the 70s
After making up a few of the magnetic stickers, I put a few on the car, and took a step back to look. One thing that was a little odd was that the entire car wasn't painted up like a race car, so would you still put a few of the stickers on it still? I think the only thing missing would be a large white spot (a magnetic one) with a number on it.
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
Thanks for the follow-up. Yeah, they only do a part of it so you have to "watch the exciting conclusion!" to see how it turns out. There's only so much detail you can show in a 30-mnute program, and you can easily do 2 hours on this conversion. Or, you don't even get to see the details of the build at all- only a few shots like a time-lapse video. Otherwise, they try spend a lot of air-time trying to sell you sponsoring products (of course.) Did you see what engine was in there? Assuming the power doesn't go out (again) the VCR is programmed (and the VCR clock accurately set!)
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
I missed the show. Did anybody watch it? I will have to program the VCR for the next time it will be on.
-
Here is something every Serious Z Enthusiast should be a part of!
Should we get a collection to get him some vintage hair?
-
Here is something every Serious Z Enthusiast should be a part of!
Do you think they have some photos of the perks, like the T-Shirt or the Jacket?
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
Take a look ar his website: Stacey David's GearZ | Official Website
-
Here is something every Serious Z Enthusiast should be a part of!
I would go for 2 of the $50 ones, but I'd like to get a crew shirt too, somehow.
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
.... And then George Barris will appear and say, "It's still a Datsun." :sick: It'll get a smallblock Chevy engine. I'll bet they'll even add a supercharger too. At the least the turbocharged L28E engine with the most recent "Painless wiring system" for probably the entire car. Do you think they will work over the interior?
-
Concerning Engine Serial Numbers
Ingenious. By just adding the '1' they could use the same codes for the cars, without having to come up with a whole new system until the 300ZX came out, which was a totally different car. I'd assume the 'L' in HLS30 was for the engine type (L series engine?) what do you think the 'H' was for?
-
madkaw megasquirt
Have you guys considered using the microsquirt stuff? It should do the same things and it is smaller so it could fit into the OE ECU box.
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
No, it it an Alpha body, a Simpson one, Reaction Research, or what? Do you know if it's the coupe, or the spyder?
-
Stacey David 250 GTO Build
What body is he using, and who does the actual work?
-
Racing Decals from the 70s
I have another new question for you racer guys... What would you think is the difference or "value" between a new reproduction sticker, and an original, NOS or 30-year-old, sticker? Would you pay the extra money to get an authentic one from the 1970s, or save a little money and get a shiny, new one from a reproduction vendor? I know that some people, at a car show for example, turn their nose up to anything "old" because they can't appreciate authenticity, but I'll bet you there are some decal sellers out there with some good, original, ones in storage, and would be happy to sell it to you, for a fair price.