IGNORED

original jute material

kats

No this will not make the carpet template, it was much different. The later model Series II used a two-piece jute whereupon the other piece went directly under the seat and the other piece went in behind the seat. In the 70-71 pattern it was a one-piece unit which went under the seats and behind and around the plastic tool box doors directly behind the seat. This of course is where the jack and tools were stored on the early cars. The jute was definitely "undercut" smaller such that the carpet would not show the jute underneath. I am sure there are other message threads with respect to Series I carpet reference pics, but please see attached as an example...

post-24523-14150823937358_thumb.jpg

post-24523-14150823937153_thumb.jpg

Edited by redzedsled

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/24/2013 at 5:23 PM, redzedsled said:

Hello guys and gals... here attached please find a 2-page PDF template of the rear tool box area for a Series I 240Z. Each page contains a left and right pattern. It has been test-fitted and is very accurate. Enjoy...

jute mat 70-71 FINAL.pdf

Did anyone produce a pdf of the front and rear deck jute mat?

Thanks,

Keith

• 1 month later...

Jute per Andrew (aka abas) https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/8002-original-jute-material/?&page=4#comments post #79 - a April 1970 240Z

Front .jpg

Jute per Allen (aka z8987) https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/66275-new-gold-standard/#comments Post 4 - a July 1970 240Z

Front passenger.jpg

Anyone have photos of other Series 1 front jute available?

Keith

Edited by zed2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, zed2 said:

Jute in Serial No 4684:

Driver jute HLS3004684 reduced.jpg

This is the earliest VIN jute photo I have found. 

Baring any other information, I will create my template based on the above. 

Keith

What a beautiful, intact mats they are !   
Thanks Keith , I am also very interested in original early carpets and jute pads. 
Kats