New Gold Standard - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New Gold Standard

Featured Replies

Engine compartment and wheel well cleaning8f50b0125923246a84ccc8a25f89856b.jpg

0b819d0ffa6b2379f3ff24cee5802717.jpg

What it would look like to get a flat in 1970. I’m using simple green to take off the layers of grime. I used a plastic scraper on the thick stuff on the struts. It takes the paint off. I started using a plastic brush, it works but the thick stuff is a problem, any ideas on a better way to remove the thick grime?

  • Author

c662efd0c4506912578b4401e564801b.jpg
I worked on the engine compartment yesterday. It’s cleaning up nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

c662efd0c4506912578b4401e564801b.jpg
I worked on the engine compartment yesterday. It’s cleaning up nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

8c810ecb4843a80fb4a1c170124ae659.jpg
Like new tools. Lug wrench and jack handle were still in the plastic. The plastic was opened but still intact


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

ea469d37c7386415addac134e5f63dbe.jpg
d4f6868fca7b9446ec237d0ce8a28b20.jpg
fbdd3ce488724f1e7d500e7f6b891ebb.jpg
5dd95ffd0de758fc5f3bf393b95dc33e.jpg
Drivers side


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

970adcc25dba204f0635f821f7f42d55.jpg
cf36808f5651328420c160e05a34268f.jpg
7df3d8389b4002fa5b40b39ae6c208fb.jpg
Passengers side


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

4656e0fdd7c31e8a5498471f9edbe876.jpg
Spare tire compartment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

8dd4467287cb68d8c852b559da470f7e.jpg
The steering wheel was probably wrapped when the car was new. I’d like to unwrap it to see the condition of the wood, but it’s such a snug fit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

82d73f35aeb6177b6fcc24c8cb9034f4.jpg
Perfect dashfa45cfd2c90af0c453ed127b38d26499.jpg
and an AM radio. The electric antenna is original and works fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

da56d16f0399b2eb94460a2d53d76c19.jpg
52 years of sun damage. eeb991cecc286d9e52f206feb13110f9.jpg
Gold standard seats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

5ac2482d0762a0512441e57df1861cd5.jpg
2256d771feeb936cec25116329610b9f.jpg
8fdbfe9d755e84e94d9f7c8b0a594388.jpg
a689ae1e36e2ef4e57d6f4fc36f2f25d.jpg
Day one. It’s not my car yet. About another hour and it will be on my trailer on the way home. The front left fender was repaired years ago. As I understand it the owner didn’t want to leave the car again to get it repaired.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

176a5a2883f130561f859e3b77b80481.jpg
My only employee. He has one task, catch bugs. Looks like he will be filing a workman’s comp case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.