IGNORED

Last Call for Z Parts

gramercyjam

In San Antonio. Cleaning out garage/shop. Come and get it this week. Big garage sale this weekend and whatever is left after that gets tossed or I give it to my high school age son so he can start a career on eBay.

Some is what I took out of my 240Z car when I went F Prepared with it, some just accumulated from 20 years of Z'ing. I'm keeping some stuff that I might need like axels, struts and rearends. The rest needs to go: Will trade for beer :)

'73 Dashboard loaded with working gauges (160 MHP, etc), vents, and glove box door.

'73 Heater stuff

'73 door glass

'83 heater/blower box

York A/C compressor

Spare tire well

hood latch

hood hinges

more gauges

combo switches, turn switches, ignition switches

power antenna

gas caps - regular and locking

early balance tube

several large boxes of misc stuff and odds 'n ends

73 F&R Bumpers - complete - good condition - $125

This guy posted this stuff on another forum also and said that he'll hold parts for me? I replied telling him exactly what I want and when I'll be there to pick them up and offering his preferred compensation? Well he's a lier! He held nothing for me and did not bother to tell me this until I was walking out the door Sunday morning! This guy has no integrity as far as I'm concerned. If you offer to hold parts then don't do so that rather rude and just plain sucks. I guess he got what he wanted, an empty garage...but at what cost? I know some of you here may have got parts from him and that's great for you but I wouldn't expect him to do anything he says he will so be cautious if you deal with this person in the future. He even started off bad with me by waiting almost a week to tell me where he lived, if I had known sooner I would have been there a week earlier and there would have been no problem. I was the first on that forum to ask about the parts and nearly the first on the other boards he posted them on.

This is just my experience and my opinion. Very dissapointing. :disappoin

Links to other posts: hybridz and zcar

I guess I screwed up by giving away a few hundred dollars in parts to those who could use them. Some people came and got them, so people didn't. First come first served. And when I said to this guy I would hold some parts for him, he said he wanted everything. It doesn't pay to be greedy. I didn't even consider that request seriously. This guy replied days after everbody else, and my phone number was even posted so if he was serious, he could have called as many others did.

TexasZ - another A##HOLE to avoid. I guess I'll be watching my back.

I was visiting some of my Z buddies a couple of weekends ago and the discussion came around to finding and buying parts. They contend, as do I, that the 240 Z is a collectable classic by all understanding at this time and that there is an urgency to obtain what is available as soon as possible. There are too many people out there looking for parts. The supply is limited. Many, many new parts don't exist any more. The time frame searching for a particular piece can be long. Although I contend that anything for the Z can still be found, the probablility is declining. Look at what people are paying on eBay.

This is a money talks, first come, first served market. No doubt. As I tell my father, "If you don't want to buy it at the stated price, move over and let the five people behind you argue over it". Asking someone to hold something is ludicrous. My best deals involve money transfers within hours of the original posting. You gotta drop everything else you are doing and go get the stuff or it is going to be gone. Ya snooze, ya loose. That's just the way it is.:finger:

Originally posted by gramercyjam

I guess I screwed up by giving away a few hundred dollars in parts to those who could use them. Some people came and got them, so people didn't. First come first served. And when I said to this guy I would hold some parts for him, he said he wanted everything. It doesn't pay to be greedy. I didn't even consider that request seriously. This guy replied days after everbody else, and my phone number was even posted so if he was serious, he could have called as many others did.

TexasZ - another A##HOLE to avoid. I guess I'll be watching my back.

Man you're the one who didn't hold up your end of the agreement! You asked what I wanted and said you'd hold it, I told you and asked what you wanted, I went to the store and bought your beer (something I will never drink), and told you when I'd be there (even had my check book with me to offer some cash for the parts too). I'd have to say that you're the one to avoid. Sorry that you think no one does what they say so neither do you, but if I agree to something then that's what happens. Too bad everyone does not keep their word.

26th-z, while I do agree for the most part I like most of us have a job and can not run out in the middle of the day to drive 1.5 hours for parts (I truely wish I could). He offered to hold the parts, I did not ask. Furthermore, if he had told me the previous week where he lived I would have been there a week earlier. Unfortunately, he was 5 days in replying to my request for his location and thus the weekend was gone (he replied on Tuesday). He is very quick to reply to try and defend himself though. I try to act as quickly as i do know that there will be a line that forms VERY quickly. *shrug* my loss.