IGNORED

I live in Portland Oregon

beandip

• 4 weeks later...

OK<

So this is a old thread!!!

I am in Central OR, just south of Bend, with a series 1 240z. I have had the car for over 30 years, and it likes to go on drives! I just see all these clubs listing all these events in Portland, and none here?

There was a club over here at one time, not sure what happened to it. Been thinking of some of the "northwest clubs" as a alternative.

Keep us posted on the events scheduled........

O, by the way, I have been to Portland many times, but never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express..............

Enjoy the ride,

Bob:)

When it comes to clubs, one has to remain cognizant of the 10/90 rule. Ten percent of the members do ninety percent of the work and the 90% just ride along either participating or not as the mood moves them.

Ask me how many clubs it took me to fully understand this particular concept......

Datsun Driving Canby Fun is coming up in mid june if you'd like to join us. www.datsunsnw.org for info.

There is a pretty active autocross group in central Oregon.......

As almost all you know....

Dave Irwin, 37, 1-wife, 5-kids, 1) 70' 240Z, 1) 74' 260Z, 1) dog -Red Heeler, Home based business Owner making 240Z electrical upgrades and living in Marysville, Washington. Honorary? Member of about 8) Z car clubs, as I supply most of their upgrades and recieve stickers, shirts, memberships and such as a result.

We try to make it to Canby every year. And seriously hope to bring the 260Z down this year, if I finish it in time. *Pray for no rain*

Dave.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

LOL I was surprised to see this old thread up again. As the song goes , '' another day older and deeper in debt". I will be 35 for the 2nd time on the 14th. Since the start of this thread I have put about 17K+ on my Z. Not a daily driver and not driven much in the fall and winter. They ''sand'' the roads here with small gravel when we have ice. Hell on paint and glass. I still belong to NorthWest Z. In fact we are entering the Roadster Show as a club this first week in March. We will be entering about 10 Zs. This will be the 53 year in a row for the show. Mostly Hot Rods and Customs. Come and have a look if you are in the area. It's a great show. If anyone wants to have a look at our web site northwestz.org . We try and have at least one cruise a month , plus several other activities. We post them on our events calender if you want to join in you are welcome. I had fun starting from the beginning of this thread and rereading all the posts. So many familiar names we don't see any longer, or at least vary often. This Spring and Summer is going to be GREAT. Looking forward to some serious cruising. We may be having a cruise to eastern Oregon making it a two day run. So we may meet 70Z4fun along the way. All the best to all.

Gary

Look forward to seeing as many of you on the dry side of the mountains. I just drove my car this past week, so expect a major change in the weather!

Keep us posted on when you all of you come over our way. Might have to join the club....... just to feel like, I am in touch..........

Thanks,

Bob

I am waiting for a couple of good rain storms before I drive mine. I know that is hard to believe coming from the Northwest. The snow storms this winter had the state dump salt and sand on the roads.

I am looking forward to another good summer of cruising with the gang.

Edited by a7dz