IGNORED

I’m Back!

Av8ferg

Yep, I decided to start the "Stop Putting It in Your Damn Mouth!" diet about a month ago, and I'm down 20 lbs. Getting rid of sugar can do that for you. Now I just have to exercise more.

I haven't been working on my Zs lately, but I did put a new stereo in my wagon. Does that count?

20240121_174739.jpg

Anyway, welcome back to the living, John. I hope you have a long stay.

• Like 4

Arrhythmia or heart attack?

You are right about USA healthcare.  Medical professionals don't get paid to keep people healthy.  They get paid to do "stuff".   Healthy people are actually bad for business.  

How bad were your previous habits and how unhealthy were you?  I often wonder where I'm at on the heart-health scale.  You can't really tell until something happens.  I have a blend of good habits and bad habits.  I like to think they even out. 

• Like 2

@Av8ferg

I'm glad you've gotten good results!! I need to do the same. My wife and I have been working on eating better. We've been trying to avoid processed foods. No more than 5 ingredients and no ingredients we can't pronoune or aren't natural. I have about 5 beers in the fridge. When I finish those I dont expect we'll buy any more. I have been looking at cutting out all added or refined sugars. That will be a challenge for me because its in everything!!

Im glad you got through your 1st class physical. Cody visited a part 141 school on Florida this week...

I also totally agree with your experience with our medical system. I want a good "mechanic ". A doctor who looks at the machine and goes it shouldn't be doing that. Let's figure out why and correct it. Not here take this pill. It will fix the symptom. That's like your mechanic telling you to turn up the stereo because your car's making a noise!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Yep, I decided to start the "Stop Putting It in Your Damn Mouth!" diet about a month ago, and I'm down 20 lbs. Getting rid of sugar can do that for you. Now I just have to exercise more.

What's the trick to getting off white sugar? I quit booze 9 yrs ago, cold turkey, it was a breeze compared to getting off sugar, within  24 hrs I climbing the walls.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

What's the trick to getting off white sugar? I quit booze 9 yrs ago, cold turkey, it was a breeze compared to getting off sugar, within  24 hrs I climbing the walls.

I stepped on a talking scale, and it said, "One at at time!"

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

Most processed food seems has sugar or corn syrup in them. Companies do it because it tastes better and they get more sales. We consumers get what we ask for. Company are culpable though as quarterly sales trump ethical practices. This behavior is becoming an epidemic in our country. Profit before People. You have to read the label on all your foods. Our food industry is making us sick and big Pharma is waiting in the wings to make you a customer for life on one or more of their expensive medications.
I do intermittent fasting. Don’t eat until about 11 am everyday and exercise in my fasted state. I cut most processed foods and avoid sugar at all costs. Our foods are nutrient deficient. We American’s are “overfed” but under “nourished”. Supplementation brought me back to feeling energized and healthy again. I cut most carbs not all and doubled my protein intake.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Most processed food seems has sugar or corn syrup in them. Companies do it because it tastes better and they get more sales. We consumers get what we ask for. Company are culpable though as quarterly sales trump ethical practices. This behavior is becoming an epidemic in our country. Profit before People. You have to read the label on all your foods. Our food industry is making us sick and big Pharma is waiting in the wings to make you a customer for life on one or more of their expensive medications.
I do intermittent fasting. Don’t eat until about 11 am everyday and exercise in my fasted state. I cut most processed foods and avoid sugar at all costs. Our foods are nutrient deficient. We American’s are “overfed” but under “nourished”. Supplementation brought me back to feeling energized and healthy again. I cut most carbs not all and doubled my protein intake.

image.png

My diet is more like this these days.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

image.png.6b8185eda2dc7bc1fa89ceef8e57e54b.png
My diet is more like this these days.

Steve, I’ve recently met a local farmer who’s daughter is on the swim team with my son. He raises Waygu grass feed beef here locally and he sells me beautiful steaks for $15 a pound. Also grows organic tomatoes and peppers that are amazing. He sell most of his stuff to Whole Foods in Raleigh.
  • Like 2

Arrhythmia or heart attack?
You are right about USA healthcare.  Medical professionals don't get paid to keep people healthy.  They get paid to do "stuff".   Healthy people are actually bad for business.  
How bad were your previous habits and how unhealthy were you?  I often wonder where I'm at on the heart-health scale.  You can't really tell until something happens.  I have a blend of good habits and bad habits.  I like to think they even out. 

Atrial Flutter. Heart was at 160 bmp for about 5 hrs. Had to put me to sleep and shock my heart back to normal.

I have a friend who had that a few months ago.  Middle of the night, lives alone, had to call 911.  Scared her.  Same scenario as yours but they didn't have to shock her.  They waited it out.

She had been on a cocktail of pharmas beforehand.  Eventually they reduced the dosage of one of them and say she's okay now.  But thay can't really say what caused it.  They did all of the heart rate monitoring and everything and found nothing.   I thnk it was the pharmas.

p.s. I just coined the word "pharmas" because I'm lazy.  Maybe it's already out there...

• Like 2