IGNORED

Gluing approach on 240z sign of glovebox

jalexquijano

Clean the emblem and use a little bit silver paint to repaint the letters. if you use a magnifying glass you will see that it's going to be a nice emblem again.. and easy now it's off!  Use a very small brush.. with little paint at the time.

Few drops of silicone to put it back. (Take off the door, so you can lay it flat on it's back to let the silicone dry.)

On 1/14/2024 at 6:19 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Clean the emblem and use a little bit silver paint to repaint the letters. if you use a magnifying glass you will see that it's going to be a nice emblem again.. and easy now it's off!  Use a very small brush.. with little paint at the time.

Few drops of silicone to put it back. (Take off the door, so you can lay it flat on it's back to let the silicone dry.)

thanks!

On 1/16/2024 at 1:05 PM, siteunseen said:

This is the best I found for silver, the radio. They use a chrome coating on some interior pieces too. The interior emblems that I painted on the horn pad and console were this "silver" oil based Sharpie I found a hobby shop. Thank you @psdenno for the proper direction you laid on me.

20240116_135250.jpg

1494106912563.thumb.jpg.92d4faf456a8aa9ce5dff997920b3905.jpg

I like these chrome ink pens that I got from Amazon. I got a 1mm and 4mm. The ink lasts well, I’ve had them for a couple of years and they keep working every time I go to use them. 

IMG_3362.png

• Like 3