IGNORED

Wiper linkages stuck

I think we can consider this happy ending …

Ended up using the old C rings. They were easily expandable and then compresses with a plier.

The Walmart oil ring which I bought is an exact fit. The inner ring is pre-cut and is exact size u need. U just need to push it out from the bigger ring. 

Also added some light weight white grease on the inside of the pivots.

I think these rubber boats are priceless. Look very snuggly and seems like designed good enough to prevent water drops going inside the pivot. Probably change it every few years to keep them nice and soft.

IMG_9573.jpeg

Once u have all clean parts. It is not that hard to put back everything. Took me less than 30 mins. Need to buy new rubber inserts for the cowl top. Old ones showing precious yellow paint ☺️

IMG_9574.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MH77280Z said:

Tomorrow these guys going in…

IMG_9575.jpeg

Great job when I got to this stage those tubes were so clogged and corroded inside it took an overnight bath in WD-40 and then I actually had to boil them in water to soften whatever was inside to finally loosen it enough to blow clear hopefully yours aren't so bad

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Richie G said:

Great job when I got to this stage those tubes were so clogged and corroded inside it took an overnight bath in WD-40 and then I actually had to boil them in water to soften whatever was inside to finally loosen it enough to blow clear hopefully yours aren't so bad

They put out a decent spray. Not a bad idea to boil them as well.

Edited by MH77280Z

9 hours ago, MH77280Z said:

I think these rubber boats are priceless. Look very snuggly and seems like designed good enough to prevent water drops going inside the pivot. Probably change it every few years to keep them nice and soft.

IMG_9573.jpeg

If you use a bit of rubber silicone grease around the shaft before installing the boot, it will be a water proof seal there for many years to come.

Edited by inline6
  • Like 3