IGNORED

One Owner 1970 Blue/Blue

gundee

1 hour ago, AZ-240z said:

$150,000 to $175,000!  

At the height of the market, I think it would have done close to double that. That might be a good guess these days but it wouldn't surprise me if it exceeded that.

One owner, low number, low mileage, all original, documentation. A very unique rare car. Probably one of a handful that are in this type of survivor condition

Posted (edited)

The collector market has softened as of late.

Hagerty's value estimate seems anchored to reality with a nearly 16% YTY value drop for an example in #2 condition, which I believe this one falls under.

image.png

Edited by DatsunZGuy

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

At the height of the market, I think it would have done close to double that. That might be a good guess these days but it wouldn't surprise me if it exceeded that.

One owner, low number, low mileage, all original, documentation. A very unique rare car. Probably one of a handful that are in this type of survivor condition

Exactly!

• 1 month later...

@Bonzi Lon your's back from Saudi Arabia? :victorious:

Forgot to add that looks like a fine car and a good deal for the buyer. 

There's a guy not far from me with a white with blue interior 240. I've tried to PM him as I heard he was having some health issues but haven't gotten a reply. Maybe I'll ride out there one day soon and see if he got it put back together...

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

Great memory, Cliff, but not that one.  The Sheik that bought it and had it shipped to Dubai UAE, never sent photos of it restored.  He did have about a dozen restored Z's at that time, including a 432, photos are lost though. 

For those wondering:  It was a blue/blue December 1969 door tag, HLS30-00110.  The whole car and interior was painted black, then upon further examination found the blue interior.  This was before the low VIN craze caught on here, it was June 2010, but was happy with what I got for it at that time.

Bonzi Lon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1