IGNORED

75 280Z Clock Repair?

HusseinHolland

I did, and needless to say it didn't work. I'll change it out for a new one later.

I was checking the various values of the other measurable items - it appears there are two 670ohm and one 2m ohm resistors.

Zener still drops voltage to 4.4v using a 9v battery. Hopefully I didn't cook anything b sides perhaps the transistor by hooking it up incorrectly. 

My coil resistance values are the reverse of what you posted though?

PXL_20230904_135124732.jpg

Yes, You might have cooked the trans. The coil resistance values can be different and that is why you have 2 -680 ohm resistors . You coil resistance is high and low , but I think it will still work. The normal value of the resistor next to the transistor is 850 ohms. I think they were varying  the resistor value depending on the coil resistance/ inductance. This is why I always stay with the same values of the components of the board I'm repairing. Jeco did some weird things.

3 hours ago, zclocks said:

Yes, You might have cooked the trans. The coil resistance values can be different and that is why you have 2 -680 ohm resistors . You coil resistance is high and low , but I think it will still work. The normal value of the resistor next to the transistor is 850 ohms. I think they were varying  the resistor value depending on the coil resistance/ inductance. This is why I always stay with the same values of the components of the board I'm repairing. Jeco did some weird things.

Thank you again for your invaluable input Ron.

This is the 3rd resistor, next to the Transistor - looking up the 4 band, it appears to be 2M ohm, unless I'm reading the chart incorrectly

PXL_20230904_143911780.jpg

Replaced the transistor (take 2)

PXL_20230904_230756356.jpg

PXL_20230904_230816461.jpg

it's running now 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Did it start by itself on the bench when you had it apart? With a 9V battery?

Honestly, I can't recall now if I 'helped' it. I left it running for a few days off the battery & it kept good time. I'm going to assume I helped it, since it clearly won't jump start itself. Not sure where that leaves me.