IGNORED

1977 280z Dash Harness Connectors

ckurtz2

16 hours ago, ckurtz2 said:

I often made small intricate parts, was hard to tell they were even 3D printed. However, the printers I used were like $40,000 plus each.

Yeah, I probably should have prefaced my post with "In my limited, ancient experience...."  Haha!  LOL  

So hope the parts work out and whether they are good enough or not, I find the fact that the people here are willing to jump up and try to help out by making parts i fantastic. One of the reasons this is the best forum!   :beer:

• Agree 3

@crayZlair Thanks! Not to bad at all for the first try, maybe slow down the print speed and decrease nozzle temp to prevent oozing? It has been a very long time since I've played with a single filament printer, so you probably know better than me. @Captain Obvious I agree 100% I have been using this forum for years, and its always been a great atmosphere. 

Let me know if those tabs work well. Put them through the ringer and see how strong they are.

Anyways, to finish designing the other connector as well as really perfect the dimensions on this part I need to remove the wires from the connector. Does anyone have a tried and true tool they bought to depress the two prongs that hold in the wire to the connector? I am tired of stabbing myself with a dental pick haha.

5 minutes ago, ckurtz2 said:

@crayZlair Thanks! Not to bad at all for the first try, maybe slow down the print speed and decrease nozzle temp to prevent oozing? It has been a very long time since I've played with a single filament printer, so you probably know better than me. @Captain Obvious I agree 100% I have been using this forum for years, and its always been a great atmosphere. 

Let me know if those tabs work well. Put them through the ringer and see how strong they are.

Anyways, to finish designing the other connector as well as really perfect the dimensions on this part I need to remove the wires from the connector. Does anyone have a tried and true tool they bought to depress the two prongs that hold in the wire to the connector? I am tired of stabbing myself with a dental pick haha.

Look at reply 17 - https://www.zcar.com/threads/transistor-ignition-unit.424466/#post-2798228

6 hours ago, ckurtz2 said:

My second attempt didn't turn out much better than the first. As for the tabs, I compressed them, and they immediately snapped. I measured them at 1.5mm thick, is this correct?

I will have to double check my measurements when I get home, but yes that sounds about right. Most of the plastic is super thin on the connector. Out of curiosity what material are you printing with? I think PBT is what normal automotive manufactures use for connectors but I forget.

That is really depressing to hear about the tabs, nothing good comes easily though.

I am using E-Sun brand PLA+ That's all I have.

I am going to try a different orientation of the part, so that the "grain" goes with the height of the tab instead of the width.

Edited by crayZlair
added text for clarity