IGNORED

Looking for metal wiper blades

kenward1000

Driver's side wiper arm is marked M761 LD100-L, passenger side W621 LA87R.  The plastic wiper blades (the hard plastic part not the rubber wipers) keep failing where the plastic connects to my wiper arms, especially on the passenger side.  Who has a recommendation for *metal* wiper blades?  Driving somewhere soon where it might rain.

8 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Thanks, just ordered a pair.  $58 before tax and shipping.

Update: The Z Car Depot wiper blades were a perfect for for my 5/71 240Z driver's side wiper arm marked M761 LD100-L, passenger side W621 LA87R.  Thanks to SteveJ for the suggestion.  

Hmm, if you can buy them for $58/pair from ZCD and sell them on eBay for $100/pair, that's a pretty good profit margin.

Not a 78 owner but I know a little about this. 77 and 78 280Z's had side mount blades instead of the top mount used on 70 thru 76, all had the twin wire blade design. Also in 1977 it was mandated in the US that wiper arms and blades be black. Here are a couple of images from 1976 and 1977 280Z sales brochures.

1976 280Z with early style, unpainted SS twin wire blades and top mount arms,

image.png

1977 280Z with later style, black painted SS twin wire blades and side mount arms,

image.png

When I was on the search a few years back for replacements (I had aftermarket plastic blades) I got a set of the later style blades and arms that I decided to use on my 1970, When I got them they has quite a bit of the original black paint that I had to remove. Turned out pretty good, most people wouldn't know that they are not correct for my car. Here's a couple of pics of mine for a better look at the difference of the 77/78 style.

20180701_113740.jpg

20180701_122549.jpg

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 4