IGNORED

2 piston front calipers on 77 280z

MH77280Z

22 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Stock is a single piston design. You can see that caliper in the FSM or parts manual.

It sounds like your car may have had the Toyota calipers installed. http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/Calipers/toyotaCalipers.html

I'm not sure why they are called 4 piston in the Zhome article.

Just looked at mine and each caliper has 4 pistons. Thats why probably. Let me try to find any part number on them and will post.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, MH77280Z said:

originals which I plan to rebuild 

25 minutes ago, MH77280Z said:

23C5EB94-5AC6-4BBC-87D0-AE967D9A09DE.jpeg

5A4CA700-69E2-4FA5-9C3B-C2D0AAD71122.jpeg

Good luck with that.  Might want to see the cylinders, if you can get them apart, before you buy the rebuild parts.  Pretty crusty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MH77280Z said:

So basically dont bother rebuilding, which would need blasting, parts and labor when these are not original and $50 a piece on Rockauto. I thought I had found unicorns LOL

No. The link Steve posted is for the S12W calipers with the 4x 43mm bores and vented rotors. Your calipers in your post #6 are the S12-8 calipers with 43/34mm bores for the non-vented solid rotor.

The S12-8 calipers are getting hard to find.

S12-8 - 1984-85 Toyota 4 Runner and 1979-84 Toyota pickup

S12W - 1985-95 Toyota 4 Runner

Screenshot_20221214-202116.jpg

Edited by EuroDat
Typo
  • Agree 1

I am currently running after market calipers from Oriellys. They are 2 piston and stock bolt pattern. planning to continue using those. Will get these rebuild in that case. I think rebuild i am quoted $50 a piece which includes blasting, painting, new kit and assembly.

Edited by MH77280Z