IGNORED

Advice on a white Datsun 240Z from 12-1971

Makada

On 10/2/2022 at 5:17 AM, Makada said:

Hi all,

I would like your opinion on this white Datsun 240Z from 12-1971

The car as a whole and hidden rust on floor panels maybe?

With the kindest regards,

Mark

https://www.zsportscarz.nl/1972-datsun-240z-coupe-series-2-kilimanjaro-white/

HI Mark - First, where is Middelburg?   Over-all, from the pictures - Looks like the original engine is missing/changed. That would hurt its value somewhat when jthe car appears to be mostly "stock".  The diamond vinyl is aftermarket and not very appealing to most, the door panels and plastic interior panels are heavily dyed..and some look broken.  The engine compartment could use a lot of detailing/cleaning..

All that considered - the Asking Price seems very reasonable to me, given that it has been imported,  the duties/taxes are paid etc. That alone today might be $8,000.00 USD.  If you are in the Netherlands or close by - seems like a good opportunity.  In any case you should expect to put several thousands of Euro's/Dollars into it - once you own, drive and fall in love with the 240Z. 

FWIW,

Carl B.

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

Ya' know, I hate to argue with you, jonathanrussell, but the cars did not leave the factory with undercoating.  And any undercoating was not applied to bare metal.  The cars had a complete painted finish.  Granted, the undersides had a thicker textured paint finish but not undercoating.  And not the finish on this example.  

I think we have to agree to disagree. The thicker textured paint finish....when you remove it....reveals itself as nothing but black tar undercoating with body paint on top. It is not a thicker textured color mixed finish. And, the black tar undercoat is applied directly to bare metal. 

Apologies to the OP for me getting us sidetracked.