IGNORED

240z video repaint indonesia

11 hours ago, Patcon said:

Using a paint gun that looks 20 years old!

Haha.. yeah, but that's not the problem.. i got a over 40 years old paintgun and i bet it's better than a lot of those new junk paintguns they sell on ebay..

I've got a AIROGRAPH paintgun with serialnumber made in england.. long time ago.. 

22 hours ago, Patcon said:

Why would you make that statement?

I get these kind of vid's more often and look at then a few seconds.. skip alot and saw him painting in a dusty garage.. that to me is a big NO NO.. so i skipped the rest of the video...

11 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Haha.. yeah, but that's not the problem.. i got a over 40 years old paintgun and i bet it's better than a lot of those new junk paintguns they sell on ebay..

I've got a AIROGRAPH paintgun with serialnumber made in england.. long time ago.. 

The finish systems in use today don't spray well through a suction (cup on bottom) type spray gun. The materials are high solids, low solvent, and work optimally in a gravity gun (cup on top).

For sure, the cheap spray guns on eVilBay are junk. A good Devilbiss gun will get the job done, I bought mine at the local auto body paint and supply house. 

I do still use my old Devilbiss suction gun, for ordinary lacquer based primer, and metal etching primer, but haven't sprayed topcoat through it for over 25 years.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:17 PM, EuroDat said:

After all that work they put the old bumpers back on🤐 Gives me the impression that it really was a low budget resto.

Under the conditions they were working in they managed a decent restoration, all be it the car wasn't in that bad a shape to start with.

They say in the comments, it was not a full resto, they only do bodywork

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, Racer X said:

They didn’t remove the fenders until late in the process for one. Cleaning up the backside should be the first thing, before repairing and prepping the exterior.

Same for the engine bay, interior, and the underside of the chassis.

The very first order of business after stripping the chassis should have been the floor repairs, and other rust mitigation.

Then begin the bodywork and prep for refinish.

I also noticed they didn’t disassemble the struts before repainting them.

They also didn’t show if the gas tank was refurbished.

I agree with you. When they painted those strut housings, brake lines and all, that was when I concluded it was cut rate job.

• Agree 2