IGNORED

240z video repaint indonesia

4 minutes ago, Racer X said:

There were a few things during the video that caused me to wonder about their methods and processes, but overall, they did a decent job, and with a result that should give the car another 30 to 40 years of life.

Which things in particular ?

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

Which things in particular ?

They didn’t remove the fenders until late in the process for one. Cleaning up the backside should be the first thing, before repairing and prepping the exterior.

Same for the engine bay, interior, and the underside of the chassis.

The very first order of business after stripping the chassis should have been the floor repairs, and other rust mitigation.

Then begin the bodywork and prep for refinish.

I also noticed they didn’t disassemble the struts before repainting them.

They also didn’t show if the gas tank was refurbished.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

After all that work they put the old bumpers back on🤐 Gives me the impression that it really was a low budget resto.

Under the conditions they were working in they managed a decent restoration, all be it the car wasn't in that bad a shape to start with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

It's Indonesia! Relatively poor country. Working in flip flops. Using a paint gun that looks 20 years old! Props for how well it turned out. I struggle to get good results and I have 3 times the equipment they have

Average annual income in Indonesia is $837 so labor costs are way low and they make their equipment last.  The shop reminds me of one near where I lived in the Philippines a very long time ago.  They hand hammered Excalibur replicas on the chassis of your choice for very little money.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, EuroDat said:

After all that work they put the old bumpers back on🤐 Gives me the impression that it really was a low budget resto.

Under the conditions they were working in they managed a decent restoration, all be it the car wasn't in that bad a shape to start with.

It also looks like they didn't rebuild the engine or transmission either.

And yes, the end result did look good, considering the shop.

Reminds me of a video I saw of Vietnamese guys squatting in mud, remanufacturing grey market tractors. They were tearing engines, gearcases and hydraulic systems down, freshening them up, bolting them back together, spraying a new layer of paint, crating them up and shipping them to the US.

• Like 1