IGNORED

ZCON 2022 Roll Call

There was a last-second contest for ZCON to win a ride with Chris Forsberg at the Little Talladega track day today, and I was one of the winners. Chris and Alex Jagger were driving an Altima drift car and an Infiniti car with each taking 3 people at a time. 

The drift track was pretty abrasive, requiring them to change the rear tires after each lap. My turn was near the end, and they used up the last mounted tires just before my group. However, one of the crew members took some tires to the local Walmart to get them mounted. While we were waiting (and the window to run the drift cars was closing), we were offered a ride in Alex's car with the opportunity to ride with Chris if the tires came back in time. We couldn't turn down the 2-for-1 special.

All I can say is "WOW!" That was a blast. Here's the video. If you EVER have the chance to ride with a professional drifter, DO IT!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Don't know that I will be able to go to that one. Not sure Canada will let me in...

or is that California?

If you choose the wrong one, you'll be a couple of thousand miles from the convention site. LOL

• Haha 1

And for the folks thinking about flying to California for 2023, I can't remember where the host hotel will be, but I'm betting you'll be better off booking a flight to Ontario International Airport. If the hotel is toward Riverside/San Bernardino, you don't want to fly into LAX and drive across town.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well SteveJ, I am just now seeing this post...

I live in Birmingham and only managed to make it to Cahaba Brewery Wednesday evening. Life is a balancing act and I am unbalanced at the moment when it comes to car stuff..

Hope y'all had fun.

Tad

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tadslc said:

Well SteveJ, I am just now seeing this post...

I live in Birmingham and only managed to make it to Cahaba Brewery Wednesday evening. Life is a balancing act and I am unbalanced at the moment when it comes to car stuff..

Hope y'all had fun.

Tad

We certainly did have fun. Join the Iron City Z Club if you haven't already so you can keep up-to-date on Z activities in your area.

In October is ZNationals, hosted by Z1 Motorsports. I'll be hanging out at track day at Atlanta Motorsports Park. The show location is about a 2 hour drive for you. https://www.znationals.com/

• Like 2