IGNORED

Trying to source 280Z tail lamp assembly

Yarb

7 hours ago, Yarb said:

Anyone know where to source replacement 280Z tail lamp assemblies? 

Oh.. man... now he asks... :cry::cry::cry:  (provided that they are the same as Euro 260z rear lights i got several)

(For the other readers.. we just handeled a giant parcel (165x42x75Cm...) and it was a pain in the bu** too!  UPS is a sh** company to work with..  First they say it costs almost 700 euro then they say it's 602 and then they say the parcel was 3 Cm bigger and ask for another 180 + euro.. i say F**k them...

And i hear the parcel was damaged as well so.. never UPS again.

As the euro version has orange indicators .. i have a set of those almost new but over 40 years old they are in storage i think over 20 years.. and i DO have a US version but only the right one i believe..

I looked for pics now a few minutes..can't find them i think it's a right hand side one (US version) i got in pretty good condition.. must look if your interested.. don't know if i want to go through the whole proces again... 🙄:omg:

Looked again and found one from the euro..set..  20150321_150359.jpg

Edited by dutchzcarguy

Dutchzcarguy, maybe try FedEx next time, I am a bit biased I must say. I’ve been flying the European cargo for about 4-5 months now so If it late or something gets damaged you can blame me and my bad landings Cliff was talking about. . We expanded our operations over there and since we bought TNT we’re got a lot more market share. DHL is still the big player in Europe right now .

I prefer the euro tail lights and will be in the market for a set once I get this car rolling on its own power and transition from mechanical work to appearance stuff. I’ll be looking for a set in a months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Dutchzcarguy, maybe try FedEx next time,

I;m sure to get Fedex or DHL next time because when i got someone on the phone to inform me how i can send a giant parcel/package to the US i got a woman that had her first day at work and ABSOLUTELY no clue about sending something abroad!  pff.. then she sayd i give you my boss.. (she was saying that a lot i think) you guessed right.. after a long wait i got nobody and threw the phone aside.. then the box was to big sayd the website then i made it smaller then it was okay by the website, no protests.. then it costed 80 dollars or so less as they sayd in the first place then later on i got a letter that the box was to big! around 2 and 4 cm  say about an inch!  Haha.. yeah it's a very good company (Pure sarcasm..)

Now they want 200 dollars because i sayd the box was 45 instead of 42 cm wide.. hight was 75 cm and when it got in the states it was 79 cm.. yeah they eat a lot on the flight i think.. 😂

8 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I prefer the euro tail lights and will be in the market for a set

I only have left a set of rear 240z lights from france!  What the H... is that i hear you say... these lights have only top red and bottom orange, no back-up white lights!  I think i use these if i ever get to restore my 240z for the second time. (after i finish the 280zx enginebay now in progress)

I have seen those lights also in canada or so?  On early 240z"s i am not sure..

When you put euro or JDM units in a USA car you have a lot of wiring to do as the euro version uses a 3 pole alarmlightswitch on the dash were a USA has a 9 pole i believe (or 8?)  It has to do with the fact that the brake lamps are also the indicators.. makes it complicated and you need a extra wire with the euro jdm version..

For 260z or 280z i got a very nice set left in euro version.. it's the set on the first pic on this topic.  I have sold 240z rearlights in top condition for 1500 euro.. years ago! just you know these are also quiet expensive as they are in boxes for decades now.. (came from a euro (NL) 260z that never came back on the road and was sold in parts..)

I must say if Yarb is interested he asked first..  and we know.. i make/show you, a LOT of pics!  before i send something across the big pond.. haha.