IGNORED

New Member,New to Z's

SJZ

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

My first question is what year is your car? Signature line would be helpful

My second is they are later fenders with the brackets for fender liners

These fenders have depot tags on the backside dated 1986 so this is probably what’s going. Thanks for the info everyone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Small Update: 

I have driven the car 2 or 3 times for a total of about 5 miles. Brakes have almost no pedal after new MC and rebuild of calipers and wheel cylinders. going to dig into this more. Removed induction and vintage Clifford header. Sent header to Jet Hot in OK to get stripped and coated in blue like it would have been originally. Most of the intake and exhaust fasteners weren't very tight and one lower stud was broken. Ordered new correct hardware from the Z store. Ordered new nozzles, needles, and SU's Only DVD from Z Therapy. Hope to have it road worthy by April. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SJZ said:

Brakes have almost no pedal after new MC and rebuild of calipers and wheel cylinders. going to dig into this more.

Check that bleed screws are on tops of calipers.  Left and right can be swapped, the bleed screws can end up on the bottoms.

Did you run the shoes out with the adjusting wheel before installing the drums?  If your parts are right you should be able to crank the parking brake handle up and down about ten times and tighten them up.  I could tell when the wheel moved an extra click on my 76 because the brake pedal got a bit higher in use.

p.s. don't forget that if you can pump the pedal and it gets higher and harder then there's air in the system.  If you can't then something mechanical is out of adjustment.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting for the header to come back from Jet Hot so I can put the induction and exhaust back together. Been working on installing reproduction rear interior panels. Man these things do not fit well. Is this par for the course on these panels? 

Edited by SJZ
grammar

• 4 weeks later...

Got the Clifford header back from Jet Hot finally. Got everything buttoned back up. Next will be off to the exhaust shop when the roads clear. Ordered new carpet, pulled the seats out to give everything a good cleaning. 

0E55C154-ED6E-459F-B24B-E6DA5B0B4736.jpeg

73143245-FFD0-48B3-8C34-98EA353B0D70.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, SJZ said:

Waiting for the header to come back from Jet Hot so I can put the induction and exhaust back together. Been working on installing reproduction rear interior panels. Man these things do not fit well. Is this par for the course on these panels? 

Did you finally get the panels installed?

Racer X,

I got all the panels installed with the exception of the tail light panel. About half of the holes line up so going to have to do some engineering there. 

Edited by SJZ