Hood Spring assembly - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hood Spring assembly

Featured Replies

OK not sure what the black spring thing is really called. Anyway, can someone help me understand where it bolts up exactly and how. If anyone has an image that would be appreciated.

 

I took lots of photos when i disassembled but i must have missed a couple like this one.

thanks

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

That is called a hinge. I can take some photos later today.

  • Author
12 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

That is called a hinge. I can take some photos later today.

Thanks! If in your photos you happen to show where the front bumper brackets go on the body or where the grill mounts up to the body i would not be upset at all.  LOL

thanks steve

Oh, so you want a video? Now I'll have to charge you.

  • Author

HA! How about a multi-purpose photo

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

awesome!!!! 6 pack of beer on the way.....USPS may not like it though

1 hour ago, Wally said:

awesome!!!! 6 pack of beer on the way.....USPS may not like it though

Make it a 6 pack of Diet Dew. I don't drink alcohol like normal people.

  • Author
11 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Make it a 6 pack of Diet Dew. I don't drink alcohol like normal people.

man, i said that but i dont drink either. Havent had a drop in about 8 years. Had too much Wild Turkey when younger, now no urge for any of it

 

  • Author

video a big help. got bumper and mounts on. Got the hood hinge/bracket on. 

The grille is on. I have the top side bolts on and the bottom middle. However, for the bottom left and right, i am not seeing 

what you are seeing. Am i missing something?

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

Your mount tabs are bent straight out. They need to be at a 90 degree to line up with the hole in the grill. Should be easy enough, but the paint might chip. 

Here are some pic's from an older post (not mine)

 

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.