IGNORED

Can i use broken drivers side door handle on passenger side??

I have a few old broken drivers side outside door handles that are broken where the rod attaches,,,  i now realize i have a broker passenger side handle.. can i use the old drivers side handles for passenger side and just put the rod on the other side of the handle that is still good??? will that work or are the handles specific to the side???

Edited by Shawninvancouver

• Shawninvancouver changed the title to Can i use broken drivers side door handle on passenger side??

Those doorhandles are made of zamac.. It's a disasterous "metal" a mix of aluminium,copper,zinc.. it rusts from the inside of airbubbles that are IN the alloy.. so you can't stop the decay  The ornament "Z"on the c-pillar, (air outlet), are also made of that stuff.. a restorers nightmare! 😞 

• Like 1

The topic is....

Can i use broken drivers side door handle on passenger side??

BTW... have we all read this correctly?  you can't use a broken one! On any side!!  (Yeah i know i'm what we call overhere a : "muggezifter"  ...  No translation possible..  let say someone who is very critic on his (or sometimes other peoples) work.. 🙊

• Haha 2