IGNORED

Barefootdan's 280z Build

Barefootdan

• 4 weeks later...

Don't feed the troll!

Loving the build.  Encouraged by the ease with which you removed the spindle pins, since I'm going to have to do that eventually.  I'm also considering the Eibach + Koni combo; would be eager to hear your impressions.

• Like 2

Looks like you have a helper!  Undercarriage bits look FANTASTIC.

Dumb question:  Do you need the camber adjustment kits when using lowering springs like the Eibachs?

3 hours ago, Barefootdan said:

it’s definitely slower than removal!

Absolutely!  It's taken me 10x longer to reassemble everything than it did to take it all apart!

• Like 1

Don't feed the troll!
Loving the build.  Encouraged by the ease with which you removed the spindle pins, since I'm going to have to do that eventually.  I'm also considering the Eibach + Koni combo; would be eager to hear your impressions.

I just complete the Eibach + Koni install on my 280z. I’m very happy with the ride height. I haven’t driven it yet because I’ve got to install the sway bar and trouble shoot a fuel pump issue that just popped up. Ride height is even front and back and I can fit two fat fingers between the tire and wheel well.
Dan has got a lot of work ahead of him but the dirty part is done. Took me several months to do the entire front and back suspension rebuild. I did other stuff in that time period like a new dash and Fuel tank. Dan works fast….I have to do everything twice because I suck so he’ll be much faster is predict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was able to wrap up installing all the remaining suspension bits! Definitely not a fun job alone 😅 aligning the diff, lifting the strut assemblies, and that damn sway bar! 

Overall it went in smooth with only two hiccups. First being I installed the passenger side control arm upside my first time around. Second was the spindle pin does have a direction! I must’ve guessed correctly on the passenger side because when I did the driver side I noticed the locking pin wouldn’t line up. Needless to say, I think the spindle pin curse struck me on install since I didn’t pay my dues during removal. 

I still have some finishing touches before I can take a spin. Bleed the brakes, adjust emergency brake, torque bushings, adjust toe and camber. 

For those that have tightened the bushing bolts without a lift, any tips on reaching all the bolts with the car on the ground? I’m looking around to see if any friends or family have some ramps I can drive up as that was my first thought. 50819757-B320-43F5-B85B-964D9C6D7E04.jpeg99ACE8E8-6879-4BB9-AB14-944B5DFA0C5C.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barefootdan said:

For those that have tightened the bushing bolts without a lift, any tips on reaching all the bolts with the car on the ground? I’m looking around to see if any friends or family have some ramps I can drive up as that was my first thought. 

I jacked mine up and then set it back down on four small moving dollies (from HF). Lifts the car up high enough to be able to get under it and also allows the suspension to squirm around to neutral position which is important when tightening the suspension bolts.

Put a plank or two of 2 x 10 across these:

58312_W3.jpg

Don't let your car roll out into the street on the dollies.   :excl:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1