Jump to content

IGNORED

Parts for Sale: Miscellanious 280 parts


Recommended Posts

Miscellanious 280 parts


These are parts that we given to me. What they are and which model they fit, I don't know. Just looking to send to a new home. Condition is unknown. I am selling as a package deal. What you see in the picture is what you will get plus, what I think, is an engine bay harness. These parts are sold as is, where is. I make no claim as to their condition.  Offers will considered.

Price does not include fright.

280Z misc, parts.jpg


  • Advertiser
    Ed Brock
  • Date
    03/09/2021
  • Price
    $60.00
  • Category

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  1. Vacuum bottle for AC
  2. Transistor Ignition Unit
  3. AFM - I think
  4. Water temp switch - I think
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. Dashpot - Maybe a vacuum advance
  8. Voltage regulator
  9. ???
  10. Ignition coil
  11. ECU (Label says Part number A11-600-000)
  12. ???
  13. AFM

Parts Ad Picture.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 might be a 280Z dropping resistor.  Mounts behind the wiper washer bottle.  5  looks like part of the air flow control for AC/heat.  7 does look a dashpot for an EFI TB.  3 is definitely an AFM.  It has numbers on it that are important.

This number is important also for 11 although they all seem to work about the same.

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Number 12 is one of the dropping resistor packs, I believe there are two.  Number 2 is the very early transistor ignition,  for 260z I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zed Head said:

 

This number is important also for 11 although they all seem to work about the same.

image.png

For those who need to read the number lol

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 4.51.26 AM.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

they all seem to work about the same.

But not interchangeable..  This is a early type of .. i call them analog computer units..  (as it's NOT a ECU as we know them in modern cars. This unit has no clocktiming or microprocessor in it.) 

NEVER just change your unit with just another one because the connections are different.. see the sticker on later ZX units for further information.

These units were made for about 8 years and there are many different types.. (only for the 280zx there were 4 different HP engines and therefore i guess also at least 4 different ECCS units..)

ECCS = Electronic Concentrated engine Control System.

Edited by dutchzcarguy
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

For those who need to read the number lol

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 4.51.26 AM.png

How did you get such a clear image?  I'm on a computer and tried saving the image and snipping from the screen.  They all come up fuzzy.

Figured it out.  Somehow a phone image contains more resolution than a computer image.  I opened it on my phone and the image gets clearer when you blow it up.  Not sure how that works, but it's pretty annoying.

Edited by Zed Head
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

How did you get such a clear image?  I'm on a computer and tried saving the image and snipping from the screen.  They all come up fuzzy.

Figured it out.  Somehow a phone image contains more resolution than a computer image.  I opened it on my phone and the image gets clearer when you blow it up.  Not sure how that works, but it's pretty annoying.

For me, I clicked on the photo and saved it to my computer. Then I opened up the saved picture and zoomed in.

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason when I save an image it saves in low resolution format.  A new puzzle to work on, spending time figuring out time-saving technology.

Seems to be a Chrome issue.  I downloaded Firefox and it maintains the resolution.  It's like these tech companies don't understand how people use their computers.

Edited by Zed Head
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

But not interchangeable..  This is a early type of .. i call them analog computer units..  (as it's NOT a ECU as we know them in modern cars. This unit has no clocktiming or microprocessor in it.) NEVER just change your unit with just another one because the connections are different.. see the sticker on later ZX units for further information.

 
icbj8gac_main_0_1200x627.jpeg
75+ articles and counting
Plus, tools and resources for builders like you, all on Whirlpool Pro.
whirlpool.com
 

 

These units were made for about 8 years and there are many different types.. (only for the 280zx there were 4 different HP engines and therefore i guess also at least 4 different ECCS units..)

All the 75 thru 78 ecu's are similar with subtle changes for the auto transmission, etc.  They all used the same single amphenol style connector and therefore will plug into the harness as Zed Head has done.  The later ecu's with support for the ECCS system, are a totally different connector style with 3 seperate connections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zed Head said:

How did you get such a clear image?  I'm on a computer and tried saving the image and snipping from the screen.  They all come up fuzzy.

Figured it out.  Somehow a phone image contains more resolution than a computer image.  I opened it on my phone and the image gets clearer when you blow it up.  Not sure how that works, but it's pretty annoying.

On my MacBook I click on the picture once and it makes it bigger, then clicking on it again makes it full size, then i snip. No zoom on my resolution. I did not save to my computer either. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, S30Driver said:

All the 75 thru 78 ecu's are similar with subtle changes for the auto transmission, etc.  They all used the same single amphenol style connector and therefore will plug into the harness as Zed Head has done.  The later ecu's with support for the ECCS system, are a totally different connector style with 3 seperate connections.

I found this list online where all the 280's are the same except the A/T.

Then you can see all the different ones for the ZX. 

ecu.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, S30Driver said:

They all used the same single amphenol style connector

Just to be pedantic... None of them use Amphenol connectors. It's Amp, not Amphenol.     :ph34r:

I can't believe those two companies even existed at the same time. Both selling connectors.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Terrapin Z ,  for that list.

(Zed Head, i was more referring to the 280zx that has more different types.. ( also the 280z was never delivered to europe, i don't know them well..))

Now i know i have a reserve on the shelf for my 280zx but don't know if it will work.. (my '79 has p7100?? or p 7801??)  and the reserve unit i got has 22611-P8601 and.. i don't see that one in the list!!  haha.. there must be another list for euro cars or so ???  (I don't know out what 280zx this reserve came.)

ecu.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Now i know i have a reserve on the shelf for my 280zx but don't know if it will work.. (my '79 has p7100?? or p 7801??)  and the reserve unit i got has 22611-P8601 and.. i don't see that one in the list!!  haha.. there must be another list for euro cars or so ???  (I don't know out what 280zx this reserve came.)

22611-P8600 does show up on my parts manual as a euro part. 79-81 280ZX (I think the P8601 was a superseded update)

If you google 22611-P8601it comes back with a bunch of .dk and .uk websites.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.