IGNORED

Parts for Sale: Miscellanious 280 parts

Ed Brock

Miscellanious 280 parts

These are parts that we given to me. What they are and which model they fit, I don't know. Just looking to send to a new home. Condition is unknown. I am selling as a package deal. What you see in the picture is what you will get plus, what I think, is an engine bay harness. These parts are sold as is, where is. I make no claim as to their condition.  Offers will considered.

Price does not include fright.

280Z misc, parts.jpg

• Advertiser
    Ed Brock
  • Date
    03/09/2021
  • Price
    $60.00
  • Category

1. Vacuum bottle for AC
  2. Transistor Ignition Unit
  3. AFM - I think
  4. Water temp switch - I think
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. Dashpot - Maybe a vacuum advance
  8. Voltage regulator
  9. ???
  10. Ignition coil
  11. ECU (Label says Part number A11-600-000)
  12. ???
  13. AFM

Parts Ad Picture.jpg

12 might be a 280Z dropping resistor.  Mounts behind the wiper washer bottle.  5  looks like part of the air flow control for AC/heat.  7 does look a dashpot for an EFI TB.  3 is definitely an AFM.  It has numbers on it that are important.

This number is important also for 11 although they all seem to work about the same.

image.png

32 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

they all seem to work about the same.

But not interchangeable..  This is a early type of .. i call them analog computer units..  (as it's NOT a ECU as we know them in modern cars. This unit has no clocktiming or microprocessor in it.) 

NEVER just change your unit with just another one because the connections are different.. see the sticker on later ZX units for further information.

These units were made for about 8 years and there are many different types.. (only for the 280zx there were 4 different HP engines and therefore i guess also at least 4 different ECCS units..)

ECCS = Electronic Concentrated engine Control System.

Edited by dutchzcarguy

3 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

For those who need to read the number lol

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 4.51.26 AM.png

How did you get such a clear image?  I'm on a computer and tried saving the image and snipping from the screen.  They all come up fuzzy.

Figured it out.  Somehow a phone image contains more resolution than a computer image.  I opened it on my phone and the image gets clearer when you blow it up.  Not sure how that works, but it's pretty annoying.

Edited by Zed Head

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

How did you get such a clear image?  I'm on a computer and tried saving the image and snipping from the screen.  They all come up fuzzy.

Figured it out.  Somehow a phone image contains more resolution than a computer image.  I opened it on my phone and the image gets clearer when you blow it up.  Not sure how that works, but it's pretty annoying.

For me, I clicked on the photo and saved it to my computer. Then I opened up the saved picture and zoomed in.

image.png

For some reason when I save an image it saves in low resolution format.  A new puzzle to work on, spending time figuring out time-saving technology.

Seems to be a Chrome issue.  I downloaded Firefox and it maintains the resolution.  It's like these tech companies don't understand how people use their computers.

Edited by Zed Head

3 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

But not interchangeable..  This is a early type of .. i call them analog computer units..  (as it's NOT a ECU as we know them in modern cars. This unit has no clocktiming or microprocessor in it.) NEVER just change your unit with just another one because the connections are different.. see the sticker on later ZX units for further information.

icbj8gac_main_0_1200x627.jpeg
75+ articles and counting
Plus, tools and resources for builders like you, all on Whirlpool Pro.
whirlpool.com

These units were made for about 8 years and there are many different types.. (only for the 280zx there were 4 different HP engines and therefore i guess also at least 4 different ECCS units..)

All the 75 thru 78 ecu's are similar with subtle changes for the auto transmission, etc.  They all used the same single amphenol style connector and therefore will plug into the harness as Zed Head has done.  The later ecu's with support for the ECCS system, are a totally different connector style with 3 seperate connections.