IGNORED

Radiator Fan Shroud

Tirnipgreen

I have a question concerning the metal radiator fan shroud. It is my understanding that the full metal shroud was added to a 240z when the dealer added optional Air Conditioning. True or untrue...? If true, was the small metal fan guard removed from the top tank of the radiator or was it left on...or was a different radiator fitted altogether...? Thanks for any insight...Ryals

Shroud05.jpg.3dd0c661ac55427a35ae747b93cc5e62.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tirnipgreen said:

I have a question concerning the metal radiator fan shroud. It is my understanding that the full metal shroud was added to a 240z when the dealer added optional Air Conditioning. True or untrue...? If true, was the small metal fan guard removed from the top tank of the radiator or was it left on...or was a different radiator fitted altogether...? Thanks for any insight...Ryals

Shroud05.jpg.3dd0c661ac55427a35ae747b93cc5e62.jpg

Not True - If the customer wanted it, or if the Service Dept suggested it be added with the A/C Kit  - the shroud had to be ordered via the Parts Dept. individually.  Yes, you had to remove the finger guard to install the shroud. 

• Like 1

The metal fan shrouds are tough to come by nowadays. I've owned several of them over the years. Last summer I sold one on eBay to a 240Z owner in Austria named Josef. It took about a month to get there via USPS and the shipping cost to the buyer was only about $80.00 including insurance. The quotes from FedEx and UPS were about 3 times the cost of USPS.   He sent me this picture of the fan shroud next to the front wheel of the car. 

Josef of Austria's 240Z w-Fan Shroud-l1600.jpg

49 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

A "must have" for tropical BC, eh? 😁

Yes, does sound a bit strange but we do get some hot weather in the summer and I was having some over heating issues, especially on the hills in the interior. Another funny thing is that I have a block heater for those extra cold winter mornings. One extreme to the other. 

26 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

We've posted together on this before. Texas heat, Alabama heat.

I cheated and put a 280Z radiator on my '72 with a full ZX shroud. I have the OE stuff but for driving around here it runs nice and cool.

Ha Ha...speaking of nice and cool it is 21 degrees in Austin TX right now!  

• Like 1