IGNORED

Any advice on a 4 Post Lift

Av8ferg

16 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Good point 7tooZ........I had to change my garage door lift to a roll up vs a center belt drive.......something to consider.

I purchased a garage door high lift kit from DDM Garage Doors.

https://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/garage-door-high-lift-conversion.php

The installation wasn't too rough although if you've never had to install or adjust torsion springs before, it could get a little unnerving. You also will have to buy a jack shaft, wall mount opener or just learn to raise and lower the door by hand which is what I do.

I had also looked into two post lifts but they have some issues like being a permanent installation by having to be bolted to the floor, requiring a thicker concrete floor than normally found in residential garages,  and I feel safer with the car supported for long term storage by four posts, each with it's own lock.

BTW: All the photographs appear to show clean garages and at least two really cool cars. I'm jealous. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Berk said:

I purchased a garage door high lift kit from DDM Garage Doors.

https://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/garage-door-high-lift-conversion.php

The installation wasn't too rough although if you've never had to install or adjust torsion springs before, it could get a little unnerving. You also will have to buy a jack shaft, wall mount opener or just learn to raise and lower the door by hand which is what I do.

I had also looked into two post lifts but they have some issues like being a permanent installation by having to be bolted to the floor, requiring a thicker concrete floor than normally found in residential garages,  and I feel safer with the car supported for long term storage by four posts, each with it's own lock.

BTW: All the photographs appear to show clean garages and at least two really cool cars. I'm jealous. 

I used the same place to get my high lift kit about 10 years ago.  It was a high quality kit and the instructions were decent.  This was my first attempt at upgrading my garage door and it turned out very well.  I also added a jackshaft garage door opener which is a must if you're taking this route.

19 minutes ago, YZFMax said:

I used the same place to get my high lift kit about 10 years ago.  It was a high quality kit and the instructions were decent.  This was my first attempt at upgrading my garage door and it turned out very well.  I also added a jackshaft garage door opener which is a must if you're taking this route.

I didn't modify the door, but I did use the opener.

door opener.jpg

• 2 weeks later...